+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

J.D. - I feel the same way. Glad you can laugh and still take it seriously. dberk - if you want to PM me about anything cancer-related I'd be happy to discuss anything. Sorry to hear the news. Has she had cancer before?
    Count your blessings!

I was so focused on J.D. earlier, I forgot to mention how I'm pulling for all you other dear FoRTers, too.

Dberk, I'm sorry to hear about your mom, and I hope things will go as well as can be expected for both of you.

Now on to Gut, I didn't realize you've begun your treatment. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and if you ever need someone to help you stay strong when you might be feeling low, let me know.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Thanks rosekid. My next chemo is Friday with the 3 day weekend to recupe. Then we will see how it mixes with school. I also hear that after the second treatment is when the hair falls out, so that will be interesting, too. I ordered a henna kit with special stencils for the head.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Dag - that has to be one of the funniest posts I've ever read! The first thing I thought of was Jennifer whoozet's blanket. I LOVE the bungee idea. Do I get to pick out my own tarp?
    Of course you can pick out your own tarp. If you are really nice we will take the tire out of the back and put down an air mattress and some pillows.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Of course you can pick out your own tarp. If you are really nice we will take the tire out of the back and put down an air mattress and some pillows.

Nah....I like the feeling of "roughing it."

What are you smoking today, Dag? You are freakin' hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Thanks rosekid. My next chemo is Friday with the 3 day weekend to recupe. Then we will see how it mixes with school. I also hear that after the second treatment is when the hair falls out, so that will be interesting, too. I ordered a henna kit with special stencils for the head.
    I'll be thinking of you Gutmutter. It'll all go well for you. The henna kit sounds like a neat idea. I'll be interested to hear how you go about doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    J.D. - I feel the same way. Glad you can laugh and still take it seriously.
    Gut, I have to tell you - it was you who inspired me to get over myself and get my you-know-what together. The entire time you were doing sugeries and waiting for test results, etc., I noticed YOU were the one on the board making the jokes. It was like you were helping the rest of us with your illness, not the other way around. Does that make sense?

It's such a good time to have my daughter visiting for the next couple of weeks. She takes good care of her mommy - just a wonderful kid. I'm not sure Lori even remembers who I am anymore, she's so busy with the babies, work and all the other trouble she's getting into. That's okay. She'll always be my baby girl, no matter what.

AND to all the rest of you, I'm sorry I hogged the thread today, please know that I read this thread every day. Even if I don't post, know that you are in my heart and in my prayers. I only want the best for my great fortesses.

Seriously, where else can a person go to find a site like this. Exactly. There are no others. Thanks to all.

Gutmutter, I saw the picture of the henna stencil from the link that someone posted. I think that's an awesome way to "own" your baldness. Good luck.

And luck to you as well, J.D. I had a friend who began having seizures at 24, although hers was (I think) diagnosed as epilepsy, not the result of an injury. She was afraid to tell anyone because she was afraid she'd lose her driver's license, but she told me only so that if she experienced one at work, someone would know what was going on. I really disagreed with that, and I'm glad that you're being proactive and taking steps to get yourself safe and well.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    AND to all the rest of you, I'm sorry I hogged the thread today, please know that I read this thread every day. Even if I don't post, know that you are in my heart and in my prayers. I only want the best for my great fortesses.

Seriously, where else can a person go to find a site like this. Exactly. There are no others. Thanks to all.
    hey thats what this is all about, a place to vent and not worry about it. you know you always got friends in here.

Thanks, Lucy. I sure wouldn't want to hurt or even kill someone because I'm too embarrassed or otherwise inconvenienced without my car. *sigh* I'm feeling a full day coming at the doctor's office on Monday. bleh.

+ Reply to Thread