+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8336Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Thank you BB!!!! That made me well up.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Very mild, first world problem, but frustrating for me... the Y is having trouble regulating the pool water. There has only been one day this week that it's been warm enough for me to swim. I have an old knee injury that seizes up in water under 79 degrees. The aquatic director asked me to cover her Friday morning classes for another session, but I can't do two hours in those conditions. I have a message in for her to call me so I can ask about it. My knee injury keeps me from doing most dry land exercise.
    Count your blessings!

That's no fun. I hope they get it fixed soon. Isn't it amazing how something like that can make such a difference in how we feel? I'm thinkin' maybe I'm reachin' hot tub age.
    Gutmutter likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

I talked with her and they are going to override the faulty regulator any time the temp falls below 82. She understands I won't do the lessons if they're not on top of it. They are also communicating with whoever "fixed" it that they need to come back and figure out why it's not working. She knows I'm not happy about not being able to swim this week. At least I feel heard and have hope it will be resolved. Thanks for letting me vent.
    Count your blessings!

This year since my windows are all done I decided to replace two screen doors and one of my real doors and my garage door on my house. I got the garage door from some guy I heard about it and it finally went in (just one minor scheduling fiasco earlier this week).

I got my house doors through Lowes which is where I got my kitchen floor last year. The kitchen floor went really smooth. I did hte doors through Lowes because generally speaking local contractor guys don't really like those tiny little jobs like that. It's really hard to find people to do them. Well it's not going smooth at all this time. When my stuff comes in they're supposed to call me and the contractor who does the installation. They never called me and I strongly suspect they didn't call the contractor because he is super anal. He came over to measure and put together his order so I've met him. I mean he's so not flaky. So I called Lowes today to see if my door was still backordered. And they were like no it's been here awhile. So then I was like ummm... what's the hold up. They said they were waiting for himt o give a date. I bet he wasn't notified just like I wasn't. So I asked what should I do now? And they were like "well here's his number call him." And I'm kind of cheesed off. I'm paid in full for this project through Lowes. Install and materials. If I wanted to act as the general contractor on this I would have just found someone else to do this for me. But I didn't want that hassle in my life this year (doing the floor, soffits and windows last year made me want to die... 3 different entities involved).

But here I am now on Monday going to call this guy who is probably going to wonder why I'm calling him to schedule after calling Lowes not once but twice this week trying to get the story on if that one door is still backordered... If he doesn't have a referral sitting there I'm not sure I can maintain niceness with Lowes when I would inevitably call them back.

I think I would call further up the chain at Lowes before I'd call the contractor.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    This year since my windows are all done I decided to replace two screen doors and one of my real doors and my garage door on my house. I got the garage door from some guy I heard about it and it finally went in (just one minor scheduling fiasco earlier this week).

I got my house doors through Lowes which is where I got my kitchen floor last year. The kitchen floor went really smooth. I did hte doors through Lowes because generally speaking local contractor guys don't really like those tiny little jobs like that. It's really hard to find people to do them. Well it's not going smooth at all this time. When my stuff comes in they're supposed to call me and the contractor who does the installation. They never called me and I strongly suspect they didn't call the contractor because he is super anal. He came over to measure and put together his order so I've met him. I mean he's so not flaky. So I called Lowes today to see if my door was still backordered. And they were like no it's been here awhile. So then I was like ummm... what's the hold up. They said they were waiting for himt o give a date. I bet he wasn't notified just like I wasn't. So I asked what should I do now? And they were like "well here's his number call him." And I'm kind of cheesed off. I'm paid in full for this project through Lowes. Install and materials. If I wanted to act as the general contractor on this I would have just found someone else to do this for me. But I didn't want that hassle in my life this year (doing the floor, soffits and windows last year made me want to die... 3 different entities involved).

But here I am now on Monday going to call this guy who is probably going to wonder why I'm calling him to schedule after calling Lowes not once but twice this week trying to get the story on if that one door is still backordered... If he doesn't have a referral sitting there I'm not sure I can maintain niceness with Lowes when I would inevitably call them back.
    I just had carpet laid in a rental using Lowe's. I bought it before a specif date to get the free installation but couldn't have it laid til a later date and every week the contractor and Lowe's called me to keep in touch to see if I was ready for it to be laid yet. I would call management and talk to them first and see what you should do.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I just had carpet laid in a rental using Lowe's. I bought it before a specif date to get the free installation but couldn't have it laid til a later date and every week the contractor and Lowe's called me to keep in touch to see if I was ready for it to be laid yet. I would call management and talk to them first and see what you should do.
    That was the experience with my floor too. They were super on top of it. Called me when the floor got to them. Called the contractor person. He got a hold of me and then they coordinated the delivery so the wood floor would get here in time to acclimate before his install day. It went so super smoothly that I'm dumb founded by what is going on with these doors. Absolutely dumb founded. And it started ok with the doors. I called and everything went well with the measuring process. Then I had the call that one door was back ordered and then it all fell apart from there on out.

I think everyone is right I need to go back to Lowes and talk to a manager there before I call the contractor.
    nennie and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post

You're absolutely right that you should re-call Lowes. You paid them, not the contractor. They arranged for the contractor, you didn't. It's their job to arrange this, bought & paid for. Whoever you talked to just wanted you to do their work for them and get them off the hook.

Time to get assertive.
    If it were me I'd call Lowes & hopefully get another person & re-explain the situation. If you get the same response, flat out tell them "I paid for YOU to handle this. If you don't choose to do this I want my money back ASAP, so I can go somewhere else. I expect a call back TODAY to make the appointment. In fact, call him right now. I'll wait."

Yeah, I'm good at being a pushy little broad.
    Brooks, Gutmutter and AZChristian like this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

So here's where I'm at now. I emailed Lowes this morning (on their rant/rave customer care thing). It was forwarded to management at my local lowes and I just got off the phone with one of the managers in the install department who called the installer and asked that the installer call me and schedule a time. The installer told him he would go through his paperwork and find my stuff. So the manager was hoping he'd call today but recognized they don't work on the weekends so it could be monday. He emailed his co-manager to apprise her of situation to follow up with me on Monday.

I asked so... was the installer going to legit show up unannounced at my house on Friday with my stuff per what the guy told me Thurs afternoon? Because that's a little concerning. Because it sounds to me that the wheels are coming off the bus here if that's the case.

What I'm interested to see is if the installer even has any of my paperwork because I never ever got a call that the stuff was even in (which Lowes is supposed to do). I told the manager the only reason I know anything is amiss is because I called by happenstance to see how long that door was going to be backordered. Had I not called for that reason I'd be none the wiser that my stuff was just sitting there.

+ Reply to Thread