+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1605Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Oh, JD. I hate that for you. What a horrific experience to go through, compounded by the manager's nasty reaction.

I don't have any answers for you, unfortunately. I'm with the others in suggesting you go to your neurologist and have him or her do some (more) testing. It may be that your medication is no longer effective against your particular brand of seizures and he needs to try you on something else entirely. Three of my siblings (out of the six of us) suffer from idiopathic seizures, so I'm aware of the ins and outs of medication to control them. Sometimes everything can be under control for years and then they come back with a vengeance due to changes in routine, diet or stress.

You're in my thoughts and prayers. You are a strong person, and you'll get through this. PM me if I can help, or if you need someone to vent to. Venting always helps. .
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Here's my trouble in one word: WORMS!

Yuck, ick, nasty, disgusting worms! I thought I saw something whitish on this cat's bum a while ago and told the rescue but today - nasty white worm wriggling itself out of her foster body, so disgusting! Worms, and not one pill easy to go away tapeworm either, but writhing long roundworms, I just mopped my living/bedroom three times and am off to wash everything in existence in hot water while preparing to clean up the dining room.

Yuck!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    J.D. add me to that list of get back to the docs. and my prayers are with you too.

I'm so pissed off. My flight for Italy that was supposed to leave at 8pm today is cancelled. I'm now leaving at 5pm tomorrow. Everything (including the connecting flight) has been rearranged, but now I'm stuck home an extra day. Plus, rescheduling sucks more when you have a baby involved. You can't just take anything.

My Mom (81) just found out that she has breast cancer. She appears to be very "what ever" about it as though it's just one more blip on life's radar screen. She had planned to visit my sister in AL for a month or two starting in Sept, but expects to have to cancel now.

My standard way of dealing with things that overwhelm me is to pretend they don't exist. I'm trying to be supportive by spending a lot of time with her, but worry that if I can't control my distress, it will cause her to dwell on the negative.

Ah Dberk and everyone else I'm here for ya' !

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    Here's my trouble in one word: WORMS!

Yuck, ick, nasty, disgusting worms! I thought I saw something whitish on this cat's bum a while ago and told the rescue but today - nasty white worm wriggling itself out of her foster body, so disgusting! Worms, and not one pill easy to go away tapeworm either, but writhing long roundworms, I just mopped my living/bedroom three times and am off to wash everything in existence in hot water while preparing to clean up the dining room.

Yuck!

Well, that jarred me back into sanity!

Okay, so I thought about driving myself to the hospital last night - just a couple miles away - but since this hasn't happened before - I didn't dare.

The reason I brought up the bump into the truck in front of me - in the drive-up lane, no less ( ) - I was thinking that the seizure was starting then. I tend to get confused before having one - and so I guess I was sort of working through my behavior....I don't know. None of it makes sense, and these damn things don't run on a schedule!

I did have a seizure one time back before I was diagnosed. I was working, and my boss told me to fax something. I went in the "copy room" and tried and tried, and couldn't get it to work. Finally my boss said something and I turned around and saw he was behind me. He said I'd been trying to send that fax via the copy machine for 45 minutes. No wonder it wouldn't send.

Yeah, I'll definitely be at the doctor's office first thing Monday. I know if I call her today she'll send me to the ER. Nothing against the ER - I just don't want to be there for eight hours for them to tell me - yep, it was a seizure. Go see Dr. S. on Monday.

You all are so smart! I didn't know that a drug could become less effective over time. It makes sense tho. Like my body just accepts the chemicals and moves on to needing something different? Is that what you meant?

Venting always helps
    Ain't that the truth!

Thanks all of you! I appreciate your advice, suggestions and of course the group hugs don't hurt. It really helps to get other people's points of view, too.

Thanks again. I'm absolutely overwhelmed.

By the way - does anyone have a great big trunk that a person would fit in? If they tell me I can't go to fortcon - I'm going in a steamer trunk. Dag - how big is your car?

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    By the way - does anyone have a great big trunk that a person would fit in? If they tell me I can't go to fortcon - I'm going in a steamer trunk. Dag - how big is your car?
    I have a two person pick up and am going alone so there is room. If you need to hide from the doc, we can cover you up with a blanket....or bungee you down in the bed and cover you with a tarp.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    If you need to hide from the doc, we can cover you up with a blanket....
    Maybe we can borrow that ugly, striped, crocheted thing the 'runaway bride' used? Unless she plans on needing it again, that is.

J.D., yikes. It's good to see you posting in here. Just seeing your name reassured me a little that you're doing better, but please, if you wait until Monday, make sure you're not alone, deal? Take care.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I have a two person pick up and am going alone so there is room. If you need to hide from the doc, we can cover you up with a blanket....or bungee you down in the bed and cover you with a tarp.

Dag - that has to be one of the funniest posts I've ever read! The first thing I thought of was Jennifer whoozet's blanket. I LOVE the bungee idea. Do I get to pick out my own tarp?

Roses - you got yourself a deal. Super careful. No driving.

When I was first diagnosed years back - my neuro wanted me to wear a helmet! (it's okay to laugh at that one - it's a tad extreme in my opinon) And I wasn't allowed to take a bath (absolutely no showers) without someone in the bathroom with me. Personally, I think the husband bribed her to say that one. And the worst part of all - mandatory driver's license suspension for an entire year! Okay, buses, here I come. Helmet and all.

I figure the results will be the same no matter what my attitude is, so I might as well laugh about it.
    Last edited by J.D.; 08-27-2005 at 05:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread