+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1967Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Well, I just heard that my nephew had a burst appendix. There are so many emotions running through my head because I am so far away....and his mother (my sister died)cannot be with him. I think I have moved on, but it is times like this that make it hard to not stamp your feet and be so mad. We have lost a father, a sister, and an uncle....

Please pray for me and my nephew.

You and your nephew are in my prayers.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

thanks jluvs

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    jluvs, you and your nephew are in my prayers.

Those of you who know me, know that I have been trying to get pregnant for a while. Well, I finally went and talked to my family doctor. He sent me for a thyroid ultrasound and blood work. He called me yesterday and told me to stop trying to have a baby. He said that I have an overactive thyroid (which I don't understand because I am not super skinny like others with this are) that I need to get under control. I just can't understand how my old doctor that I went to for years didn't find this. Thank god for my new doctor who I love to death. I'm just really pissed that this is happening to me while everyone I know personally that is pregnant either shouldn't be having it or doesn't want it. Please keep me in your prayers because if there is one thing I want most in this world, it is to become pregnant
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Combatcutie: Keep the faith....don't be afraid to get second opinions and research the heck out of your situation and ask lots of questions. I hope for the answers for you as I have loosely followed your situation over in the pregnancy thread....my heart goes out to you.

Pom and Jennifer: Thanks for your kind words and support ...*update* I had sent the email to my friend and she did reply!!! I cried and was overjoyed at the same time... She said she was so sorry that she has been absent from my life, that I've been great and so patient with her, etc....she asked for pictures of my kids and she sent one of her daughter and she was supposed to join our regular group for drinks after work last week, but she didn't come. I told her in my reply that I would leave the pace up to her...we could rebuild the gap as quickly or as slowly as she chose to do....I haven't heard from her anymore But you guys are right...that email exchange and her response helped me a lot. I can't say that I don't miss her and wish this distance would go away, but I have tried to change it (more than once) and I don't regret it for a minute.

GUT: Hang in there honey...keep up the good fight. Everyone is pulling for you!

JLuvs: Take this time to cherish the memory of your dear friend...I am sure your presence meant a lot to her family. Get some rest sweetie.

Canuck: I hope your nephew is okay...that is very scary when that happens (I almost lost a brother to the same thing several years ago), but hopefully he is recovering now and they caught it fast enough.

Glitter: Here's a cyber pat on the back for the memory of your kitty.

Joeguy: Hope you're recovering well too!

Did I miss anyone?
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Igota: I went through the same thing, too. (must be contagious or something) This is about my very closest friend ever (Sandy) - she and I were extremely tight - and although the relationship wasn't sexual, it was very intimate. Much more than any man I've been involved with. We were always together, even worked at the same firm. One day - I got the same door-in-the-face slam. I don't know what I did to set her off?? She stopped returning my calls, and I even wrote (actual) letters asking if she could at least explain what happened. Never heard a word.

We know the most inner workings of each other, and many secrets we would never share with anyone else. Well, I wouldn't - I don't know if she has. (Let's just say if I were the revengeful type....yeah....I could make things messy for her - fortunately for both our sakes, I'm not like that.)

I've wondered what happened for YEARS now what set her off. It makes me very sad that she can't even face me with this detail, when she told me many others. I know that our breakup has been more painful than any other I've had. (man or woman) - it's been years - and it still stings a bit. No, it stings a lot. I may never know.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    But actually, I wanted to post here for a different reason. Okay, *ahem*. This is humiliating - to the nth degree. I don't know how to tell my family - because I don't know what their reaction will be. (Yeah, I'm 45 going on 15.)

As I've told many people here, I got a real good wallop on the side of my head a few years back - and it has caused some neurological damage. Part of what I was left with were seizures. They have been regulated fairly well with meds. So naturally, the neurologist has to play around with the dosages. *sigh*

I came home tonight from an absoultely perfect day. My mom, my daughters, their step-sister and the whole grundle of kids went swimming at mom's house. (insert obligatory: my beebees are so cute!) On the way home, I stopped at the fast food place for a little snack. Okay, for a full-on pig-out meal. Somehow I pushed the gas instead of the break pedal - and bam! right into the truck in front of me. Fortunately no damage - and all was settled friendly-like. Whew. But that's just not like me. (shaddup - it is not) Then I got home and climbed the never-ending staircase to my apartment and when I got there, there was some sort of shredded paper, or decorative wire on the floor, and it was moving all over the place - with roaches - everywhere. And it was butted up against my front door.

I called the manager, who was none too happy with me - calling on a friday night but he came over anyway. He asked me to show him where everything was. I reached down and couldn't grasp it. I mean, who wants roaches after them? I think I can safely say "no one". He said, "Jayne, there is nothing there." What are you on? I told him I'm not on anything - I'd spent the day with my girls - and I'm no druggie. But this - whatever it was - seemed real to me. He left all in a dither - spewing profanities that would make a sailor blush. First thing I did was sit down at the top of the stairs and bawl my eyes out - and then put my hand over there. Nothing. There was nothing there, where less than five minutes prior there had been an iron fence, or something.....full of bugs, and moving around. Just as clear as day.

So now you can say you've vicariously seen a full-on seizure in action. I'm just mortified. I know my family is going to move me back to that podunk town I left oh so many years ago. I know it's in my best interests to move back...but I'm scared. I don't get scared that often, but I'm really scared. I usually don't remember my seizures - I'll go into a "black out" mode. Today was very different. It was ugly and frightening to see this behavior in myself.

I rarely get angry with the guy who did this to me - he's simply crazy and deserves the miserable life he's living. He's not evil - he's just crazy, and I can't hate crazy. (probably because I are one)

I don't have the answers to this one. I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks for letting me vent - thank you so much.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    J.D., I'd get back to the neurologist pronto. Perhaps something in your little wreck jarred something. I've known several people who did the gas/break mistake--all without any neurological damage--so don't necessarily chalk that up to your prior injury, especially if it's been under control. Heck I did it once when I was just plain tired...and not THAT tired to boot! If you've never 'seen' anything before when you had seizures, this may be a different type of injury. Or it could be a reaction to some other kinds of meds you're on. (I once had a weird hallucination reaction to corticosteroids I was taking to clear up a sinus infection!) And don't be shy (as if you could be ) about seeking a second opinion if you're not happy with your usual doc.

Hang in there & think positive! You've got a great support system here.

J.D. - Wow. I can only imagine how scary that must be. I'm with PhoneGrrrl. Contact your neurologist immediately. Of course it's the weekend, but there must be some emergency contingency and I'd say this qualifies. Good luck! I'll be thinking of you.
    Count your blessings!

JD. I agree with Gutmutter and Phonegrrrl, go to your neurologist. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread