+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 1211 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425651155151015 ... LastLast
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

*hugs* J.D.

JD, wow, I just read your posts. You're definitely getting hit with both barrels right now, huh? Hang in there.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

well, my update on my water leak/under the slab that I really thought was nothing turned into a $700 repair.........

So, now I have to really admit my husband was right........not in a million years..........will I do that......... Hey, a woman has to stick up for herself somehow.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

I had a night out with my friends that was completely frustrating, aggravating and annoying. First off, everyone seems to want to bitch about everything. The time we are leaving, the place we are going, the music that is playing, who is going...and on and on. This started to really piss me off. Then when we decide to leave the one restaurant one person is complaining non-stop, two others are complaining they know of a party they want to go to and "talk us into it", we just got sick of them bitching. They have to call 4 people before they got word on this party if it is happening, they told us it was for sure, we were on our way there on that street 10-15 minutes out of our way to find it when we find out its canceled.

Then one person suggests we go under the bridge and hang out for a bit. They tell us they know how to get there but have absolutely no clue and end up going the wrong way on an on-ramp so they don't have to cross the bridge. I decided to cross the bridge and come back because I am not a moron. We finally find the spot when someone in my car speaks up and says they know how to get there, which they didn't say before. It was a waste of time, I was freezing cold. Then we leave and take the longest possible way to get to our next destination where one friend was an embarrassment and was acting like a 2 year old at this restaurant. Then the arguing kept on going all night, and it ended up being a complete bust. I had a really rough work week after being really sick and was looking forward to a good weekend with some friends and this ends up happening.

I understand I am complaining about people constantly bitching when that is what I am doing, but this is more getting it out because I was very annoyed all night. Now I find out someone is backing out on plans we all made for next weekend and now I will most likely have to drive for it and that ruins it for me. I am usually a very laid back person and don't get angry that easy at all, but tonight I was really mad. With all that said...Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    I noticed with a friend of mine who has been saying the same thing for decades, that he likes to chase after the drama queens, biker chicks or party girls.
    nlmcp, c'mon! I thought you said we could keep that between us.

Poor Clipse. As we used to say, sounds like you can't win for losing. Maybe it's time for you to cultivate some more mature friends. Sounds like you've outgrown these losers. Why don't you spend some time this week deciding what would be fun to do next weekend. Make your plans and invite a couple of people to join you. Don't let all that indecision ruin your outing. YOU decide what happens this time, next time someone else can decide. Your evening did sound like a pretty aimless event. The main thing you need to plan too is exactly HOW to get where you're going. Going ON an off ramp is NOT a wise plan, trust me.
    Last edited by Muduh; 09-26-2004 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    nlmcp, c'mon! I thought you said we could keep that between us.
    sorry phat, sometimes you just have to post these things to help someone else out.

besides you know I love you (now lay off the biker chicks they aren't good for you)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Clipse, that sounds like something that happened to me on New Years Eve years ago. My friends kept bitching and pulling us in all directions that we spent midnight on the freeway. That's when we all made it a priority to get a girlfriend. Now when I spend time with the guys, which is so rare for us (some are married with kids now), we laugh at those times...bitching and all.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I hope you all know that all the hugs and love I get here just keep me coming back!

I tried to make a doctor's appointment for my annual checkup - oh, I hate getting old - and found out that I can't get in because my account had been sent to collections. Wha? I haven't been there for over a year! Well, apparently Bruce went to my doctor for his STD exam and put the whole thing on my bill. Now I either have to cough up $200 for his AIDS test, or find another doctor. I told him about it last night and he said I made the whole thing up. I love how creative I can be sometimes. I see a pulitzer in my future.

I don't want anyone to feel like they have to respond to my whines and snivels - it just helps to get them out. Thanks everyone. I gotta say you all must be saints to come in here and read these things (mine are mostly just nuisances) about everyone's problems and care about each other. There are very few places a person can do that.
    Last edited by J.D.; 09-26-2004 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Poor Clipse. As we used to say, sounds like you can't win for losing. Maybe it's time for you to cultivate some more mature friends. Sounds like you've outgrown these losers. Why don't you spend some time this week deciding what would be fun to do next weekend. Make your plans and invite a couple of people to join you. Don't let all that indecision ruin your outing. YOU decide what happens this time, next time someone else can decide. Your evening did sound like a pretty aimless event. The main thing you need to plan too is exactly HOW to get where you're going. Going ON an off ramp is NOT a wise plan, trust me.
    I have known for a while I have outgrown my friends. But at times, they are still fun to hang out with. Last night it was a real last minute thing and from the get go everyone seems agitated. Next week we are planning a big thing to go to a bar, then to the football game, but the one guy who is driving will most likely back out last minute since he is a real big cheapskate leaving me to drive. I just have to do a real good job of convincing him. Then the week after is my friends 19th so we are going to a club in Vancouver and going to have a night out on the town. Those are better planned and hopefully will go over better.

The one thing that pissed me off was I had a friend call me right when I picked up the first person and asked me if I wanted to hang out with them. I knew my night out was most likely going to suck and if he called me 30 minutes to an hour earlier I would have been able to go. I would have much rather done that but I wasn't about to bail on my friends. I have more than enough friends and find it hard to balance them all when I only have really 2 nights a week I can hang out with them. I don't like to mix my groups of friends because one group is all goody good church goers, no offense another lives in my old town, another lives in another town and the other never seem to get along with certain people, then there is the one from last night with a few immature people. But I have known these guys since I was in grade 7 and wouldn't want to lose them now. I know they will grow up, but when, I have no clue. Again, thanks for letting me get out my ramblings, I will try and shutup now

+ Reply to Thread