+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

What would I do without my friends here? Thanks for all your thoughts. I'm feeling much better today. Quite active and even ate some healthy food. Now I know that it is day 2 after chemo that is my bad day and can plan accordingly. Yesterday I just wanted to crawl right out of my skin. JLuvs - just want to add my heart to those wishing you strength. joeguy - they should put us next to each other - we'd bring down the whole hospital. You see? You thought I was kidding.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter - thanks and everyone else too. You are also in my thoughts.

I am just at such a loss right now that I don't even know what to say anymore.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Jluvs, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I could give you some words of advice, but I am at a loss. Just remember, it is ok to cry. Let it out, it's good for you.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    I got 35 staples in me and a good size scar, from the belt line to a hand width above my belly, so much for that adonis body I had...
    You must have had a jealous male doctor, because a female doctor would never have messed with your perfect "6-pack". She would have found some way to keep the "set" in tact. Good luck with your recovery.

I had staples after surgery (5 yrs ago) and when I came in to have them removed, I couldn't stop crying. They are so big I thought it would hurt a lot. The doctor came in and removed them himself, which is unusual based on the nurse's reaction. There was no pain involved and I felt like an idiot for making such a fuss.

FORT Fogey
    I've been out of touch a lot lately and unable to post 'cause my home computer's been out of order. I've been keeping up on this thread by peeking in here during the work days, and I just fixed my computer today and finally have a minute to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife
    Should I just let this one go? She just meant so much to me and I still feel very confused by the lack of answers as to why our friendship ended.
    Aw, Igota, I'm so sorry to read that you went through this with your old friend lately. It really stinks when friendship evaporates, even though you've done your part to keep it healthy.

Believe it or not, I've gone through it too! Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know -- it's extremely hard to believe that someone would purposely shun me but it really happened with a very dear old friend of mine from college.

I got through it by looking at how I am in my present life: I'm happy, secure, I have lots of friends and loved ones . . . I just know that the problem is with her, not with me.

I was able to release the situation and not be upset about it. I think back fondly on all the great times we had and I know that if she ever reaches out I'd be right here for her.

Igota, it also helped for me to remember that at times, in the past, I've been the one to pull back from a few people, and that's because I was going through stuff in my life that wasn't the greatest, for one reason or another. When I did it I didn't mean to hurt people, but rather I just was doing the best I could -- it had nothing to do with them and it was because of stuff going on with ME.

This has nothing to do with you, just like my recent snubbing had nothing to do with me. Hang in there, and know that her withdrawal is all about HER, not you. And remember that you have all of us here at the FORT, and we rock!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    I won't tell you who was my happy thought but she sure does look good in the maids outfit
    joeguy!!! Psssst: I have a hint to make your happy thought even HAPPIER: imagine that "SHE" is a Pomeranian wearing a waitress outfit!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Chemo sucks. I don't want to do this anymore.
    Aw Gut, I'm so sorry it sucks. You have to keep doing this, though, for not only yourself but also for all of the people whose lives you touch so much!!! We're here for you and you're definitely in my thoughts and prayers every single day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    I am just at such a loss right now that I don't even know what to say anymore.
    Aw, JLuvs, I'm here for you, and I'm so sorry you're going through such tough times. Keep coming here, and keep leaning on us, and we'll be here for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife
    Have you ever had a friend that *poof* one day just sort of left your life and you really don't know why or what happened?
    I missed this post until I saw Pommie replying to it. I agree with Pom- it's about her, not you. I think we fail to realize how our actions affect others when we get caught up in our own lives. At least, I do that.

This reminded me of my best friend from college though. I called her one day and she said she was getting ready to take a bath and would call me later. That is the last time I ever talked to her.

I even had that happen with someone here at the FORT- one day we're buds, but eventually the PMs become shorter or stop being answered so you take a hint and move along. Life's too short- as long as you are not alienating a lot of people, the problem is likely to be them.

I do hope that you get to (got to?) talk to your friend and get some closure.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferInCO
    I even had that happen with someone here at the FORT- one day we're buds, but eventually the PMs become shorter or stop being answered so you take a hint and move along.
    Uh - oh . . . um, that wasn't ME, I hope!!!

I will PM you again, I promise!!! I promise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Uh - oh . . . um, that wasn't ME, I hope!!!

I will PM you again, I promise!!! I promise!!!
    Nope- not you. You are still my buddy. In fact, I will PM you as soon as I get done with my bath....

The memorial service is tomorrow....and I have had a stinker of a day.

So please just keep Sheri's family and friends in your prayers.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

My heart is with you Jluvs...I lost my 42 year old sister to cancer in 4 months...start to finish. It is 5 years later and her husband and kids are doing pretty well...not much to say except that the old saying about time is funnily enough somewhat true. Tomorrow will be awful, and you will get through it. Remember the good things...hugs.

+ Reply to Thread