+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

jluvs-thinking of you in your moments of need. My heart goes out to you and your friends and their friends and families.
    joeguy-hope your surgery goes well and your pet gets well also.
    ineeda-wow, it's hard to say what to do. You have already tried to find out what went wrong. I say, just be friendly and take it like it comes. You might be better off without the friendship.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Thanks guys!

Gut: I broke down and I sent her an email just now saying "there were no ill feelings about anything, I don't want her to feel awkward if she comes next week, I just would like nothing more than to see a picture of her daughter and to see her smile again. " I also told her I missed her. *fingers crossed* The significance of her naming her daughter the same is two-fold...first, my daughter's name is actually a guys name but spelled differently so its feminine and very unusual; and second, I take it as a compliment in a way (maybe I shouldn't) because she always told me how she thought I was such a great mom and enjoyed the "girl time" with my new daughter. Maybe this was her way of missing me? By the way, I hope you are hanging in there yourself!

DesertRose: If she comes, I will go out of my way to give her space...I decided after this latest attempt at email, if she doesn't want to renew our friendship, I have tried and I'll leave it alone. I always had a feeling she thought I was moving into a separate life away from her (maybe a little jealousy) and I was guilty of devoting less time and attention to her...we've all been there....but it's hard to adapt sometimes to life changes and be everything to everybody just as it always has been...I'm not making an excuse for my behavior, I just think this DID have a lot to do with it.

Famita: You made me laugh because my old identity still haunts me huh? (Ineeda) You're absolutely right that if I've tried as much I have to extend the olive branch and she doesn't take it, I'll take that as a sign that the friendship wasn't the same for both of us. It just hurts not knowing the answers, but I can't force it...I know

Anyway, thanks again for the input and advice. I will hold my breath and see if she comes next Wednesday or if I get an email reply back.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Igotalife - maybe now that she has her own baby, she understands more what you were going through. When you see her, try to let go of everything else and just be happy in the moment with her. And since you mentioned it, I start chemo Monday and will be in here this weekend requesting prayers and happy thoughts.
    Count your blessings!

Some coming your way Gutmutter.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and such. To answer your question Applesauce I am very touch and go at the moment. One minute I am fine, the next I am in tears. I am seeing a bunch of our mutual friends this week, as we all met through a message board about two years ago and now are real life buds, so I think that will help.

I think this next week will be rough as we were all going to the AI concert together and now there will be two empty seats and that will break my heart. She loved Bo. I am going to be wearing Bo colors just for her.

I think the memorial service next Saturday will be helpful.

I just don't know.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I don't always read the Pregnant? thread, but we have a friend down there who could really use our support. Please take a minute to post a note to BondieGirl.
    Count your blessings!

CCL
    Belated to Jluvs. I don't really have any advice just a wish for you to take care.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Just a reminder that I'm starting chemo tomorrow (Monday) and would love your thoughts and prayers if you think of it. Thanks.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Just a reminder that I'm starting chemo tomorrow (Monday) and would love your thoughts and prayers if you think of it. Thanks.
    You've got it Gutmutter I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and praying that everything goes well.

JLuvs - I'm so sorry for all the heartache you've been going through. My thoughts are with you.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    You got mine.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Hey Gut....gut luck, and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

+ Reply to Thread