+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Jluvs, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    JLUVS That is sad that someone so young and full of life is taken so early. my prayers go out to the family for sure. A special hug to you too, to miss a friend is hard indeed

JLuvs - Condolences to you and your friends family.

joeguy, hope everything is going to start looking up for you soon also.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I don't think swearing is allowed here ---- but if if it was insert a nice row of expletives here

Way back in this thread I posted about a friend of mine who was going through a lot of medical problems and she kept getting misdiagnosed. It was cysts, then a tumor of some kind, then breast cancer --- all of them being wrong mind you.

This has been going on for a little over a year. Anyways, she has now been "correctly", fingers crossed, diagnosed with Hepatitis C. Since it has been undiagnosed for so long damage might have been done to her liver and other vital organs and a CAT scan has been done to see how far the damage is and what treatment, if any, can be of help to her.

Her doctors and the people who have been providing her rather lax medical care are delaying the results and she is just getting sicker. She is in the ER pretty regularly now.

I don't know what to ask for....either for the people at Kaiser to get their butt in gear and get her started on treatments or a miraculous recovery.

However if you could keep Lisa in your prayers I would be greatful.

There are just no words
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Dang, Jluvs, when it rains it pours. I will keep your friend in my prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    My word JLuvs - you've had your fair share! Your friends are in my prayers.

JoeGuy - keep your spirits up - you've had a bundle thrown at you too!

JLuvs, I can't believe what you have and your loved one's have had to deal with lately. It's just too much. I send my condelences on the loss of your friend. I will hope for the best with your friend Lisa. I hope in the midst of all this sadness that you are taking care of yourself. Please keep us posted and I will keep you, your friends and their families in my thoughts.

Joeguy, you've had a rough time of things lately. I will keep you in my thoughts as well.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Have you ever had a friend that *poof* one day just sort of left your life and you really don't know why or what happened?

I have a girl friend that one day, three plus years ago, just didn't show up at a big event I was having and she never called or anything...I called her a few weeks later and asked her what happened and she said she was embarassed, etc. that she didn't make it. From there, she never called, emailed or anything...arguably, I was caught up in my own life too at the time, newly married (and under a lot of stress), a new baby, etc. so I was guilty of not spending a lot of effort on our friendship too. We never had a fight or anything and we always had fun when we spent time together.

When I tried to reach out one day from the silence, her response was "our friendship was always work",...huh? SHe mentioned the different lifestyles (ok, I can understand that one a little bit), the geographical distance (I always drove into town to spend our time together so this hit me out of left field), etc. I found out earlier this year through a third party, that she had a daughter last year and named her the exact same name as my daughter (that said something to me!)...I emailed her congrats and praise and she replied back thanking me. I thought to myself, surely we can let by-gones be by-gones, but it didn't happen. I don't want to be pushy or make her feel uncomfortable, but I really think about this situation a lot and miss our friendship very much.

We may have an opportunity to see each other next week (with a group of people) and I've already heard from a mutual friend that she feels embarassed because she never replied to my last email.

Should I just let this one go? She just meant so much to me and I still feel very confused by the lack of answers as to why our friendship ended.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Igotalife - I would e-mail her again and focus on the positive. Tell her you're looking forward to seeing her again. That you've always valued her friendship and would like to renew it. If things go well at the gathering, follow it up with a phone call offering to bring coffee and muffins or meet her at a nearby park, or whatever you think would be convenient for her. If she still turns away, there may be more to it that you will never know. What is the significance of her naming her child the same as yours?
    JLuvs - Oh honey. There just aren't words for the love and concern I'm feeling for you right now. Do know that we here at the FORT are surrounding you with all we've got.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 08-11-2005 at 10:09 AM.
    Count your blessings!

Igotalife, that is a sticky situation: on the one hand you seem to miss her, on the other, if you ask for answers, she might back away even more. Just try to chat her up normally about her new life and baby and forget (for the time being) about the "what happened". If you both get closer, she'll tell you eventually I suppose.

You said you were newly married and had a newborn. Do you think she might have been jealous of your new life or felt left out?

+ Reply to Thread