+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1620Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Ana, you got my prayers

Since you all are like my family now. My troubles this week have been trying not to be sad/griefy over my mom's passing. She passed 5 years ago on the 11th, but every year it comes and goes in waves. It's hit me hard this year because I got a new job and it's something you'd like to share with parents you know? If any of you have any suggestions on how to keep going and not hide under the covers everyday, let me know ok?! Thanks all! I love this place!
    Yup, with donuts!!

CCL
    Oh, buglover, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how important moms can be. I'm sorry I don't have any advice but I give you a big and hope that you are okay.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Oh, buglover, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how important moms can be. I'm sorry I don't have any advice but I give you a big and hope that you are okay.
    Thanks! I'm coping. Hugs back and I will be ok someday I'm sure!
    Yup, with donuts!!

buglover- Have you joined an organized support group in your area? Sometimes sitting and sharing with a group of strangers that you share a common bond with helps more than talking with family and friends.

Be strong.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buglover
    Since you all are like my family now. My troubles this week have been trying not to be sad/griefy over my mom's passing. She passed 5 years ago on the 11th, but every year it comes and goes in waves. It's hit me hard this year because I got a new job and it's something you'd like to share with parents you know? If any of you have any suggestions on how to keep going and not hide under the covers everyday, let me know ok?! Thanks all! I love this place!
    buglover I'm so sorry for your loss. This will be a hard time for you every year, but remember that the worst that can happen has already happened, and you have already made it through the first of everything like holidays, birthdays, without her. Maybe you could try and set aside some time this week just for your mom. Look at old pictures or things that belonged to her, and remember all the things you loved about her. If possible go visit her grave and tell her about your new job and just talk to her. Sometimes what you need is to give yourself permission to go ahead and let it all out. A good cry can work wonders to wash some of the hurt away and help you feel better. Keep coming here as often as you can and know that we are all here for you. Post here or PM.. whatever you need.

Buglover, I don't know how old you are, but the loss of a parent IS hard, and it will always be hard. The only thing that changes is, instead of feeling the loss every day, eventually it will just hit you when you're least expecting it -- like, a TV commercial will come out of nowhere and knock you sideways.
    I've been there, but don't have a magic answer -- although I support the suggestion that you look for a support group. Other than that, the only thing I know to do is get up every day and breathe in and breathe out and live your life. Mourn when you need to but don't let it rule your life. I promise you, while it won't go away completely, it will get easier.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Ana, your sister in law, your niece and your brother will be in my thoughts.

Buglover, have never lost a loved one so this advice might be way out of line, but maybe on the anniversary of your mom's death you can celebrate her life. I know some cultures do that. You can have a special get together with your family, talk about what your mom did that made you laugh or warmed your heart or even do something that she loved doing. Again, I do not speak from experience and cannot say I understand what you are going through, but I wish you the best.

Obviously this isn't on a par with anyone's real troubles, but my windshield just got a crack in it! I don't know where it came from, but I live in the city, I park on the street, so I'm blaming the evil combination of trucks/buses and gravel. I really don't think it was there this morning, either. Crap, crap crap. It's not a big one, just a little six-inch line up from the bottom. I wonder how long I can let it go?

Anyone ever have a cracked windshield, and did your insurance cover it?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

My Intrepid that I no longer drive has one Lucy. It wasn't there when I last drove it, but there was a chip from a rock. The extreme heat we've had will cause a chip like that to develop into a crack. Mine now covers half the windshield. The last time I had to deal with one a few years ago my insurance covered it, but I don't have full coverage on my Intrepid now. Some glass replacement companies will do it for whatever the insurance company pays and will cover your deductable. Call around.

+ Reply to Thread