+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

CCL
    Glad your neighbour returned safe and sound, Critical. I agree with Gutmutter- the car keys should be taken away. He could have hurt himself or others if he was disoriented. Not that that is your place to say, anyways. I'm sure his family is thrilled and will take good care of him.

Leo- it sucks to be in the middle. And your friends will probably get mad at you for taking sides or for not taking sides! I agree with dberk - you should just lie low and let it blow over, simmer down, whatever.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey
    Hey Critical, I'm really glad to hear that the guy returned home, all safe and sound. PHEW.

I hope they take his keys away, too, but more than anything I'm glad this story had a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Sometimes I just want to go and hide from the real world, you know?
    Aw Leo, I'm sorry to hear that they've put you smack in the middle of things between them. That stinks.

But since the situation makes you want to go and hide from the real world, may I suggest that you hide out HERE????

We love you here, and we won't put you in the middle of anything, and we're definitely not the "real world" here!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Aw Leo, I'm sorry to hear that they've put you smack in the middle of things between them. That stinks.

But since the situation makes you want to go and hide from the real world, may I suggest that you hide out HERE????

We love you here, and we won't put you in the middle of anything, and we're definitely not the "real world" here!!!!
    I disagree. I think we are the "real world". Hey, Leo, are you gonna take Pom's side or mine? Don't make me stop talking to you... :nono

On another note, I take it that you are still being bothered by the bad Karaoke...

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Libs - I'm sorry about your friend

Leo
    Premium Member
    Thanks guys. That really helped a lot.

Yeah, I'm trying to lay low, but that's not very easy. One of them sent me a text message ths morning pretty much tearing me a new one. I've pretty much read them both the riot act: I don't want anything to do with either of them until they get their act together. I don't have the time, energy, or inclination to play peacemaker. I've got better things to do with my time, and, more importantly, better people to spend it with.

Oh, and JenniferInCO: yes, they're still at it. It's not quite nightly anymore, but every Saturday night they gather and give me an earache.
    Last edited by Leo; 08-01-2005 at 04:57 AM.

Goodluck Leo....sounds kind of immature on their part.

I wish you the best Leo! I also do not like getting in the middle of arguments - and you find out who your friends REALLY are by their response to that. If it does not involve you, you shouldn't be forced to become involved in that unnecessary drama.

here's mine. AFter falling down the subway stairs, still in pain - and had an injusry to my foot from last year. I went to the doc today and got some x-rays. I don't like when the doctor comes back shaking his head saying 'wow'.

I apparently have two extra bones in each foot. Just there floating around, but they've always been there. Then he used the word 'fracture'. argh. Little trauma, he says it's not huge - but I have to tape my foot everyday and take CElebrex until the swelling goes down. I've also apprently had trauma to my foot in the past (somehting looked broken/healed). I hate when doctors say that because a lot of my early childhood is pretty much blocked out and whenever I hear these things I think - what the hell did my parents do to me? I mean, as horrible as the stuff is that I do remember, how much worse could the blocked years be?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I'm sad tonight, just got news that a gal I've been friends with for the past several years online and via phone conversations has passed away. I knew her from a gaming group that I spent much time with before coming here to FORT and we've always stayed in touch. Please keep the family of my friend Sherri/lightdancer in your thoughts and prayers cause this was really sudden and she was just a year or so older than I am.
    I just read this, I'm so sorry Libs. I have an online friend from a candle group from several years ago, we have never met but we e-mail each other at least once a day. Your loss really hit home with me.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I'm sad tonight, just got news that a gal I've been friends with for the past several years online and via phone conversations has passed away. I knew her from a gaming group that I spent much time with before coming here to FORT and we've always stayed in touch. Please keep the family of my friend Sherri/lightdancer in your thoughts and prayers cause this was really sudden and she was just a year or so older than I am.
    Libs,
    I meant to respond to this before. I lost a good online friend in June of 2002. It makes me sad every time the anniversary rolls around. I will be thinking about you, Sherri, and her family.

Glitternerfball - you are not along. I too have an extra bone in my right foot. This was discovered about 10 years ago when I sprained by ankle. The orthopedic doc said it was actually somewhat common.

Okay folks - please add me to your list of prayers. My nieces mommy (Shellley) will be traveling to Texas to have surgery on her heart. She has an anneuryism on her aorta. The doctors hear in Michigan advised her to go to Texas, as there is someone there who is allegedly the best there is at this procedure. She will be leaving this Saturday, and if all goes well, will return on Aug 20. Shelley has been trying to prepare Kami (I will try to post Kami's pic in my profile) for the big separation. Kami is just a bit over 2 years old. She has a great vocabulary, and is a bright child. Shelley has been telling her that "Mommy is going away for a while, but I will call you every day..." Yesterday, I went to visit my little punkin'. We were having a grand ol' time when she suddenly stopped. Put her little chin down to her chest and said "I am gonna miss my mommy so much. Will she come back Auntie Ana?" I still can hardly type this without crying. I told her sure she will. And tried to remind her how much her daddy was (my brother) was looking forward to spending time with her and the fun she could have too. That seemed to work, and we continued to play.

So FORTers, please, when you are saying your prayers, remember Shelley and Kami in your prayers. This will be the first time that they will have been apart, and we are praying that Shelley's surgery goes well and she will return to us as good as new.

+ Reply to Thread