+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1576Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

I agree - it does sound like Alzheimer's but, according to his wife, the doctors say he doesn't have it. He does have very bad hearing and should be on an oxygen tank but he's very stubborn and won't get one. The moments of disorientation may be related to an oxygen deficiency. This may just be regular garden variety senility (or C.R.S. as my mother calls it).

He has always been such a good neighbor. He and his wife pretty much raised their oldest granddaughter, who is a year younger than I am. The granddaughter and I were best friends when we were little. He is a Pearl Harbor veteran and just a really nice man. His wife is frantic.

His children are going all over the area putting up flyers. He's been gone for over 12 hours now.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I'm sad tonight, just got news that a gal I've been friends with for the past several years online and via phone conversations has passed away. I knew her from a gaming group that I spent much time with before coming here to FORT and we've always stayed in touch. Please keep the family of my friend Sherri/lightdancer in your thoughts and prayers cause this was really sudden and she was just a year or so older than I am.
    Aw libs, I'm so, so sorry that you lost your friend. I feel just terrible about that.

I'll definitely be keeping the family of Sherri/lightdancer in my thoughts and prayers but you will be in them, too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I agree - it does sound like Alzheimer's but, according to his wife, the doctors say he doesn't have it. He does have very bad hearing and should be on an oxygen tank but he's very stubborn and won't get one. The moments of disorientation may be related to an oxygen deficiency. This may just be regular garden variety senility (or C.R.S. as my mother calls it).

He has always been such a good neighbor. He and his wife pretty much raised their oldest granddaughter, who is a year younger than I am. The granddaughter and I were best friends when we were little. He is a Pearl Harbor veteran and just a really nice man. His wife is frantic.

His children are going all over the area putting up flyers. He's been gone for over 12 hours now.
    Has it gotten on the local news yet for help? and yes it could be O2 deprivation and the old C.R.S. - which afraid to say I suffer from sometimes..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

This should probably go in the "Good news" thread, but since I started talking about it here, I'll post it here.

Our neighbor is home and safe. He came home about 24 hours after he was last seen. Just drove his car up the street. Even inside, I could hear the neighbors yelling and celebrating the fact that he was home. My mother spoke with his wife and they were taking him to prompt care. Apparently, he wasn't really clear on what had happened. Hopefully, they will be able to get more of the story after he's been given some medical treatment and had a good night's sleep in his own bed.

I'm completely exhausted after having worried and felt so emotional all day long. I'm sure that's multiplied by a thousand for his family.

Libs - With all my worrying today, I neglected to tell you how sorry I am about your friend. I've lost online friends too and it hurts just as much as losing a "3D" friend.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks for letting us know, Critical. I'm glad he was found safe and sound. After that amount of time, it was starting to look dicey. I hope they have enough sense to take away driving priviledges now.
    Count your blessings!

Good to see your neighbor is back home Critical.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Leo
    Premium Member
    God I love people sometimes. Two of my friends have turned what should have been a minor, even trivial understanding into a fight worthy of a soap opera. Of course, to make things even more silly, one of them is telling me that they don't have a fight with each other. Which is a load of bull. Of course, the other friend of mine may be exaggerating matters too. I don't know who to believe - or maybe they're both lying their asses off and playing me for a fool.

They're asking me to take sides, and that's something I'd rather not do. So they're pissed at me right now. Beee-autiful. Sometimes I just want to go and hide from the real world, you know?

bad to take sides, bad bad, you end up being the one....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    They're asking me to take sides, and that's something I'd rather not do. So they're pissed at me right now. Beee-autiful. Sometimes I just want to go and hide from the real world, you know?
    That's a tough one. Is it possible to lie low for a while hoping they will come to their senses without you siding with one of them? At least you always have us to fall back on.

Critical, that is such great news. Thanks for keeping us updated.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread