+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Sheesh, Gut, I hope this next surgery will get the rest of that bad yolk out of you (great explanation btw...I'm guessing you're a fabulous teacher ).

Lil Rose's first-grade teacher got uterine cancer, and informed her class about it (at a first-grade level). That way, when she lost her hair, etc., they knew what was going on. They loved her anyway, but going through her treatment with her just took everything to a whole new level. They wanted to support her in their small way, and had crazy hair day, crazy hat day, stuff like that to show their love for her. As a side note, Lil Rose has very thick hair, and grew it down to her waist twice in elementary school to donate it to Locks of Love, after learning about cancer and chemo. It was a strong learning experience for her. Additional note: her teacher has been cancer-free for 12 years now and counting.

Gut, you'll continue to me in my thought and prayers.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

That is a beautiful story Roseskid. As much as kids can be cruel to each other sometimes, other times they have the most beautiful pure soul.

Gut, good luck with your surgery today. You are always in my toughts.

I'm sad tonight, just got news that a gal I've been friends with for the past several years online and via phone conversations has passed away. I knew her from a gaming group that I spent much time with before coming here to FORT and we've always stayed in touch. Please keep the family of my friend Sherri/lightdancer in your thoughts and prayers cause this was really sudden and she was just a year or so older than I am.

libra1022, you have my condolences, thoughts and prayers for your friend and family.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

libra - I'm so sorry for your loss. You're in my thoughts. Rosekid - Thanks for sharing that story. You made my mind up for me on how to handle things.
    Count your blessings!

Libs, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

As some of you know, I'm currently visiting my parents for a few weeks. We just got a call this morning that their eightysomething neighbor is missing. His wife went out to a recital with a friend last night and when she got back, the front door was wide open and his car was missing. He doesn't have Alzheimer's, but he does sometimes get a little disoriented. His family thinks that he went out to get himself a milkshake (which he sometimes does) and got disoriented and lost coming home. The police are looking for him now. This man and his wife have been our neighbors ever since my parents moved to this house over 30 years ago, so they are good friends.

If everyone could please just say a little prayer that he'll be found safe, I'd appreciate it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Ah Critical. His wife must be so worried. I'll keep my fingers crossed they find him soon.

Critical, consider it done and hopefully he will be found and returned safe. Then he needs a checkup, this sounds like the beginning stages of Alzheimers.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Critical - any news yet? My dad has Alzheimers. I agree with gabriel that this should be reported to his doctor.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread