+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Gut, they just want you back in the OR to do your stand-up routine again. Seriously, you know my thoughts and prayers are still with you.
    I like Lucy's idea, blow the kids out of the water the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Gut, they just want you back in the OR to do your stand-up routine again. Seriously, you know my thoughts and prayers are still with you.
    I like Lucy's idea, blow the kids out of the water the first day.
    Ditto!

FORT Fogey
    Aw Gut, that really does BITE!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry you have to have even more surgery, and if you need talk feel free to give me a shout!

I'll be keeping you in my prayers tomorrow, for sure!!!

Damn, Gut. I will continue to remember you in my prayers.

Update on my friends bypass. She came through it fine. I was a quadruple bypass so I am thinking it was more than weak muscles. Goes to show you even though you eat healthy, you can still have problems. They are extremely health conscious. Thanks for all the prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Oh, poor Glitter - come over here for a cuddle. The good news is that I just had a bout of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. ... *edited*
    Glad to hear it's nothing serious that will interfere with treatment. My mother-in-law has IBS, and although it isn't the easiest condition to live with, it's good to know that it isn't something more worrisome.

My troubles are subsiding. I came down with a virus last Wednesday. Something in the chicken-pox family. I had dozens of tiny pox-like ulcers coating my throat and the back of my mouth. I couldn't eat solid food for six days. Now I'm easing back onto solids, but my stomach is protesting. That, and for good measure, my period started a whole week early.

Heh. I feel silly complaining about something like this, knowing what you're going through, Gut.

I've been away for a couple of weeks, so I'm sorry to hear about the bad news people have posted in here.

Gut, you'll continue to be in my thoughts. Good luck tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Damn, Gut. I will continue to remember you in my prayers.

Update on my friends bypass. She came through it fine. I was a quadruple bypass so I am thinking it was more than weak muscles. Goes to show you even though you eat healthy, you can still have problems. They are extremely health conscious. Thanks for all the prayers.
    Dagwood, a co workers family member had a heart attack last year and died. The family requested an autopsy and nothing unusual was found anywhere. This man by the way smoked for 40 years, drank a lot, did not eat totally healthy etc., heart just stopped. goes to show.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Yes said - please post all you want. That's why we're here. I hope you are back in the swing of things soon. Start with easy to digest things that are easy on the mouth and throat. Nothing too spicey. Lots of fluids. I'd also recommend yogurt with active culture to make sure you have the right probiotics in your system. I really think my stomach problems were a one time thing brought on by too much seasonal food (corn on the cob, black raspberries), the stress of my ex's wedding, the iron they just put me on, etc. I don't think I developed the whole IBS overnight. I'm hoping a return to a milder diet along with the fiber supplements will get me back to normal. What I read about IBS on the web didn't sound pleasant at all.
    Count your blessings!

Gut, many people suffer stomach upsets when starting iron. You are probably eating yogurt but if not, do. I was telling my husband about your stomach problems yesterday and he said he wondered if it could be because you had altered your diet so much. Anyway, hope you're back to normal (whatever that is) soon.

yes said, yogurt is what we prescribe for you too. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Muduh. I just ran out and bought a lot of yogurt yesterday, but I can't eat anything today because of surgery. I did have some yesterday and the day before.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread