+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1371Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    On a lighter note - I was at Newbury Comics today and bought a wig that will be perfect on days I feel a little crazy... white blonde dreadlocks. hee!

You are gonna be just fine woman.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers of everyone here. I have a post-op on Weds. and should find out then when my chemo starts. Unfortunately I have also been having some sort of abdominal pain. I have an appointment tomorrow morning with my regular doctor to check it out. I'm hoping it is nothing serious that would set my chemo back even more. On a lighter note - I was at Newbury Comics today and bought a wig that will be perfect on days I feel a little crazy... white blonde dreadlocks. hee!
    Gut - I'm sure everything is fine. The abdominal thing might just be nerves. I'll be waiting to hear how your appointment goes on Wednesday.

about your new dreds! You know, if you're feeling really crazy.... I bought a wig on ebay a few years ago: black dreds with bright blue tips! I know they had pink and purple too. Very reasonably priced and definitely fun.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Woo hoo, Gut! Rockin' the dreads!

I think the abdominal thing could be nerves, too. All the best, as always!

My son came home from work last night and saw the dreads and said, "You are NOT wearing that out of the house!" Ha! Did I mention I have mild ODD - Oppositional Defiance Disorder? I even have it against myself. If I plan to do a certain chore - I'll do everything to get out of it! I hope you're right about the stress. I'll post after my nurse practitioner visit this morning. (I have yet to meet my primary care doctor).
    Count your blessings!

My son came home from work last night and saw the dreads and said, "You are NOT wearing that out of the house!" Ha! Did I mention I have mild ODD - Oppositional Defiance Disorder? I even have it against myself. If I plan to do a certain chore - I'll do everything to get out of it! I hope you're right about the stress. I'll post after my nurse practitioner visit this morning. (I have yet to meet my primary care doctor).
    Apparently your kid isn't as hep as we all are. Your new do sounds just lovely to me.
    Don't worry about not seeing the doctor. No doubt you're PAYING for a doctors visit and that's the important thing.

Still wishing you the best Gut! You sound like you have it under control, you rock those dreads! Make sure to put some of those shells in it as well.

And came in to complain that for the first time in about 5 years I twisted my friggin ankle, my right ankle - my left heel is already bad, so now I'm major limping. I was coming down the steps to the subway with all my teaching materials in a cart, I put my foot down on some garbage I didn't see, and it just went - It's nice and swollen and painful and bandaged now. IT so sucks! I feel like a doofus.

Oh, poor Glitter - come over here for a cuddle. The good news is that I just had a bout of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Of course I ran right home and looked it up on the web. I hope mine is just temporary brought on by stress, iron supplements, black raspberries, excessive garlic, and a corn on the cob indulgence. I am to take a fiber supplement (just call me Grannypants) and avoid certain foods, drink lots of water, etc. and I should be just fine. Whew! You don't know how worried I was that it would set my chemo back. There are a lot of things "abdominal pains" can be and 1:00 in the morning when you're having them is not a good time to do a web search. Silly me.
    Count your blessings!

I know I'm real late in my reply. I haven't been reading & posting in FORT as much lately, but I wish you the best Gutmutter. I hope for nothing but the best from you! Take care and you will be in my thoughts as well.

I need your thoughts and prayers. Well, I don't need them, my second mom needs them. She is in the hospital with chest pains. She is having a bypass tomorrow. I don't have all the details, my friend (her daughter) was a little freaked out. She has never had heart probs before, but she has had other health problems.

My friend is probably coming into town this weekend to help her when she gets out of the hospital.
    Last edited by dagwood; 07-26-2005 at 11:14 PM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I need your thoughts and prayers. Well, I don't need them, my second mom needs them. She is in the hospital with chest pains. She is having a bypass tomorrow. I don't have all the details, my friend (her daughter) was a little freaked out. She has never had heart probs before, but she has had other health problems.

My friend is probably coming into town this weekend to help her when she gets out of the hospital.
    You got it dagwood. My dad had triple bypass surgery 7 years ago, he did fine but I know how scary it is.

+ Reply to Thread