+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1483Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

That's actually a really good idea, Mariner. I'll put my thinking cap on for something funny I can surprise them with. In the meantime I have to stock up on basics and get caught up on bills, dishes, and laundry so that when I escape into the black hole of anesthesia for two days things can go on semi-normally.
    Count your blessings!

Premium Member
    Gut, I pray everything goes well Monday and I'll be thinking of you. My mom went through this almost 16 years ago and she's fine now. I know you will be too.

Gutmutter, you continue to be in my prayers. I believe I told you that my Grandma went through this a long while ago. Today, she is strong and health. I quote Marleybone, "I know you will be too."

I re-sent the pm. Can you open it now?
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Well, my car troubles are over. The check has been cut and sent to my finance company. I have a 2002 Dodge Stratus (may have spelled that wrong) that I then went and got a kill switch put on it after owning less then 2 hours. (I guess that makes the car harder to steal) My left over car payment from the mini van was rolled into my present loan, which is at a lower interest rate and lower monthly payment then the van was. Now, I just have to get the rental car bill to Progressive to get remimbursed. (I'm sure I'll have to wait weeks for that)

Sorry about the kids Gut, I'm sure they are nervous and this is how they work it off. wish I had some advice, but I have none.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Good news, nlmcp! Now put it all behind you. I spoke to my son. I told him that there is a small but real chance things can go wrong any time you have to be put out and I didn't want to go into surgery with hard feelings between us. I asked for a truce and he said, "Done". So I guess things are all right. My 14 year old bounces in and out of moods like a rubber ball, so when I took her to Willy Wonka that bounced her out. The college daughter just wants money. Sorry honey... ain't got none.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter, I don't post in here much - but please count me in as another who is sending good wishes your way.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Best wishes to you tomorrow, Gut. You're in the thoughts and prayers of all of your Fort friends, here.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I'm thinking of you Gut, I hope everything goes well.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Gut, I hope things went well today. You're in my thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    That's actually a really good idea, Mariner. I'll put my thinking cap on for something funny I can surprise them with. In the meantime I have to stock up on basics and get caught up on bills, dishes, and laundry so that when I escape into the black hole of anesthesia for two days things can go on semi-normally.
    Maybe you can buy a big bag of marshmallows and have a marshmallow fight so as to get everyone's stress levels down. (Trust me, you'll all be laughing in no time. They don't hurt, don't make a mess, and a marsmallow flung with force can bounce off a skull like you wouldn't believe!)
    Or, get out the digital camera and play "make a weird face". Have some weird sunglasses or hats or something equally useless for whoever can do the strangest one.
    I'm not very good at expressing concern, but the stupid stuff I can sure help you with.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread