+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 1219 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223631135131013 ... LastLast
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    I wish everyone here the best of luck with all that you're facing. Thanks to Mudah and Pansygirl for making me laugh tonight.

I just got off a difficult phone call with my sister. We have a younger brother who suffers from severe depression, (and I think may be bi-polar) and had a very self destructive episode last night. The incidents used to occur about every 6 months or so, but unfortunately they're getting more frequent, and a lot scarier. He refuses to get professional help for his problems, and instead self medicates with alcohol or drugs. So far, he has only hurt himself (which makes me so, so sad), but he lives with our mother, and I'm scared if things get bad enough, he may do something to harm her as well.

My sister and I finally decided that we need to step in and do everything within our power to get him help, even if it means he hates us for the rest of our lives. I think that his behavior is a cry for help, but I also know that we can't force him to get well when he doesn't want to. So, we are researching our options and once we've figured some stuff out, we have to sit down and have a pretty hard conversation with our parents.

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to vent. Everyone on the FORT is so kind, and I really appreciate the opportunity to get this off my chest.

SueEllen, have you tried to get your brother into some psychiatric therapy? Just being able to talk to someone impartial about your problems is sometimes the thing a depressed person needs. I speak from experience, and I hope you help him get the help he needs *hug*
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

SueEllen my thoughts and prayers are with your family as you deal with your brother , I sincerely hope that you are able to get him some help.

well, I guess I can admit I was wrong about the plumbing/water leak.......but that just means that I have to admit my husband was right. So, I guess if your husband ever ask you to put your ear to the faucet to hear the water he might just have a point......
    The plumber was at the house on friday and confirmed we had a slab leak.
    Yesterday was monday and a different guy "water leak stethoscope guy"
    came to the house and pinpointed the leak......(it took 2 hours )
    But the funniest part was the darn stethoscope looking thingie......
    The leak just happens to be in my son's room under his very heavy bunk beds no less.........
    So Saturday is the day the plumber comes back to fix the leak.....which he gets to drill into the foundation.......
    The part that really gets me is that I can't hear or see the leak......
    so I'm thinking no big deal......but my husband's like no our house is going to fall in a big hole......... and I'm like what's the big deal.....

Then of course this week we had to take our van to the body shop to get the back bumper repaired........now the two little incidents happened in July when we were on vacation and my husband backed into a couple of things......(can't blame this on me..... ) but now all of sudden its the right time to get it fixed.....

. I'll be quiet now......thanks for listening........
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Pansygirl-I'm glad you your husband found the leak. Hopefully it's not too expensive.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

luckily the water leak in the foundation...or under it.....(my husband's not around to correct me......) is going to be under $1,000 and since we know the plumber he is cutting us a little slack but its still not cheap.......
    One sad thing is my husband read through the homeowners policy and of course being the logical guy he is he signed up for the policy with the highest deductible so our insurance premium is lower.....but that doesn't do us any good now...........we could have spent what a few extra dollars and maybe been covered on this famtom water leak.........

Goodluck to you and your family SueEllen, hope it all works out. He needs help, hope he finds a way to go for it.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Thanks everyone. I'm always able to deal with things a little better after I've had a good night's sleep and some time to muse things over!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Pansygirl
    well, I guess I can admit I was wrong about the plumbing/water leak.......but that just means that I have to admit my husband was right. So, I guess if your husband ever ask you to put your ear to the faucet to hear the water he might just have a point......

And risk a swirly?

FORT Fogey
    My trouble of the day doesnt even come close to some other peoples probkems, but i broke my fiunger today. a ball bounced up out of a hole and smashed my finger against my stick. so im sitytting here typing with my left hand, which isdnt working out too well, as you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    And risk a swirly?
    What is a swirly?

PinkieParrot hope your finger feels better.......did you go to a doctor to get an xray?

+ Reply to Thread