+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Waitressing is very stressful. I always had waitressing nightmares about too many tables and forgetting stuff. I still have them sometimes and I haven't waitressed for almost 20 years. It was my first job at 15, and I must have waitressed 6 or 7 different places in my young adult life. It does help if the meals are pricey and alcohol is served. I also read that if you insert the phrase, "for you" occasionally it increases tips. (Honestly! It was a scientific study!). Not for everyone, but a great temporary, seasonal, or second job.
    Count your blessings!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    An update on my troubles: Lori and I talked all day, and she is my friend/daughter again. Yay. I hoped I'd get her back, and it seems I have. Thanks for all the support everyone. I hope everyone's troubles turn out to be successes like mine did. That would be so great - not to even have a use for this thread.

Again, thanks.
    Glad to hear it J.D.

CCL
    That's great, JD.

I could never be a waitress (too lazy ). But if you work in the right place you can make a nice amount of money. You have to have the right type of personality, though - it is not for everyone.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

My fight with my insurance company over my totalled mini van is still going. I have an attorney friend helping me and I can't believe the adjuster in my case. She is fighting tooth and nail on everything. If we get her supervisor to agree to come up on the value of the car, she brings up the tires. Doesn't matter that her intial report states the tires are fine, she says they are worn and the value must be deducate. She is agruing prior damage, states my car was dirty (well duh I didn't rub pizza on the ceiling lady, that happened in the crime) She is doing everything she can to keep what the insurance pays really low. They haven't yet come near replacement value of the mini van, she insists wholesale is more then enough. It's insane.

But it turns out, in Michigan anyway, the bonuses for the adjusters are linked to who little money they pay out to the customer. So, apparently Progressive and other companies link bonsues to underpaying claims. I really wish someone would put on a leash on these people and make them more consumer friendly.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Nncy we have a local repair shop that just rips the insurance company a new one over these same issues. They have become the champion of the little people. He tells some good stories about some of the crap that goes on. Don't let them screw you kid. It's been a tough year for you, eh?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    My fight with my insurance company over my totalled mini van is still going. I have an attorney friend helping me and I can't believe the adjuster in my case. She is fighting tooth and nail on everything. If we get her supervisor to agree to come up on the value of the car, she brings up the tires. Doesn't matter that her intial report states the tires are fine, she says they are worn and the value must be deducate. She is agruing prior damage, states my car was dirty (well duh I didn't rub pizza on the ceiling lady, that happened in the crime) She is doing everything she can to keep what the insurance pays really low. They haven't yet come near replacement value of the mini van, she insists wholesale is more then enough. It's insane.

But it turns out, in Michigan anyway, the bonuses for the adjusters are linked to who little money they pay out to the customer. So, apparently Progressive and other companies link bonsues to underpaying claims. I really wish someone would put on a leash on these people and make them more consumer friendly.
    nlmcp, if you are not getting anywhere with your insurance company you should try contacting the Insurance commissioner. That will help you a great deal. I work in the insurance business and we have had to contact the insurance commissioner several times on other insurance companies. Good luck and keep me posted
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

You are so lucky to have a lawyer friend helping you. I know nobody that can help me so I am getting screwed by my insurance company about my totalled car. I asked them about getting a written detailed of how they evaluated my car, but she said she used books about car values and that it is too late to change anyway because I have accepted the price and transfered the car to them.

CCL
    That sucks, coksy.

Insurance companies are just so aggravating. I work in a business wherein we are not infrequently sued (not every day or anything, but it happens fairly regularly - people are sue-happy). The insurance company always settles even when it is clearly not our company's fault. That is because the amount they settle for is less than what our deductible is. Which means they are not paying anything, we are. So not only do we have to pay for insurance but also for any settlements that the insurance company makes. It's so stupid. Year after year you read about insurance companies (and banks) making grand profits but when you actually have to turn to them and use them they don't want to pay out. They're happy to take your money, though. Fight on, nlmcp, fight on!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Nmlcp, Combatcutie's suggestion about calling the insurance commissioner is a good one. This company is trying to screw you, and you have to protect yourself. Get 'em! *hands nancy a pitchfork*
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I just came back from my post-op appointment and pathology report from the biopsy. 15% chance of more cancer and I guess you can guess from me posting in this thread that that's what it was. So I have to have another surgery which will push chemo back by a month or more. That means instead of being done with it when school starts, I'll just be starting. Sure hope I'm one of the lucky ones that has few side effects. I'm so mad! I was sure it wasn't more cancer.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread