+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

FORT Fogey
    famita, Glitternerfball, and Critical, I am rooting for you guys to find something better soon. I think life's definitely too short to stay in bad jobs around negative people.

I hope you stay motivated to keep looking for something better because your happiness and contentment are priceless -- oh, and Critical, you've got a great spirit and heart and attitude, and those are worth far more than any material thing that you may be able to sell.

Twelve years ago, when I was much more shy and timid, I signed up with a temp agency and before I was placed on my first assignment the owner of the agency said, "Oh, you'd be perfect for Harry. You're really sweet, and you seem like you could get along with everyone." (That's a big clue that they're going to put you with a difficult person.)

Harry was a lawyer who couldn't seem to hang on to his secretaries and the agency thought I'd do well with him.

I arrived at 8:00 a.m. and was subjected to some of the worst treatment I've ever encountered in my work life. I couldn't believe how quickly it all came on me.

At 11:15 a.m. I reached under my desk, grabbed my purse, and said to the woman sitting next to me, "Um, I have to run to my car." She nodded, as if to say, "Okay, I'll see you in a few minutes."

I then proceeded to run to my car. I ran to my car, allright. I ran to it, unlocked it, jammed the key in the ignition, put it in reverse, and then burned rubber as I sped out of that parking lot and headed for the highway so that I could put as much distance between that JERK and myself as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    JD - I never miss the opportunity to tell my kids that I will always love them no matter what. Unconditional is what our family is about.

My sweet mother who has loved me through every torture I have put her through taught me that one.
    That's my motto too, J.D. It's just something you do I think as a parent, and in my case, as a mom. Loving my kids no matter what trials and tribulations I face with them is always 'unconditional'. There's a quote I heard once that is so very true..it's something like - 'When everyone turns their back on you, a mother never will'. SO, SO TRUE.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Harry was a lawyer who couldn't seem to hang on to his secretaries and the agency thought I'd do well with him.

I arrived at 8:00 a.m. and was subjected to some of the worst treatment I've ever encountered in my work life. I couldn't believe how quickly it all came on me.

At 11:15 a.m. I reached under my desk, grabbed my purse, and said to the woman sitting next to me, "Um, I have to run to my car." She nodded, as if to say, "Okay, I'll see you in a few minutes."

I then proceeded to run to my car. I ran to my car, allright. I ran to it, unlocked it, jammed the key in the ignition, put it in reverse, and then burned rubber as I sped out of that parking lot and headed for the highway so that I could put as much distance between that JERK and myself as fast as possible.
    I love the visuals. That is the good thing about temping. You can quit if the assignment doesn't fit and it isn't a black mark on your employment record. I loved being a temp.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I need your help, everyone. Please read my post on the Oasis. I'll explain later.

When I was a temp, the permanent employees were very nice, but management treated temps like disposable people. I hope I never have to do that again.

CCL
    Aw, Critical, sorry about the job-loss. Even though it sounds like it was for the best mental health-wise, it sucks to have the uncertainty of when your next influx of cash will be. I hope you get a new temp job soon ( a better one !)
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    One of the women on Big Brother said she quit teaching to become a waitress, because the money was so much better. I waitressed for 1 1/2 years on weekends as a second job and hated it, but some people really like it.
    Like Gutmutter says, if you find the right place, it might tide you over.

I thought waittressing would be a great 2nd job and I hated it! I didn't even last 2 weeks. The pay is very bad if you average it out over a shift counting $2.13 per hour before tips.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35
    I thought waitressing would be a great 2nd job and I hated it! I didn't even last 2 weeks. The pay is very bad if you average it out over a shift counting $2.13 per hour before tips.
    Waitressing was a nightmare for me, but I was working at a place where the food was reasonably priced and they didn't serve alcohol. As you can image the tips weren't great and the hourly wage was embarrassing, but I had no experience and could only work weekends (since I also had a full time job). My nieces have worked at places where they made VERY good money both waitressing and cooking. For almost a year after I quit I got mild anxiety attacks when I would go there to eat.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    An update on my troubles: Lori and I talked all day, and she is my friend/daughter again. Yay. I hoped I'd get her back, and it seems I have. Thanks for all the support everyone. I hope everyone's troubles turn out to be successes like mine did. That would be so great - not to even have a use for this thread.

Again, thanks.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    An update on my troubles: Lori and I talked all day, and she is my friend/daughter again. Yay. I hoped I'd get her back, and it seems I have. Thanks for all the support everyone. I hope everyone's troubles turn out to be successes like mine did. That would be so great - not to even have a use for this thread.

Again, thanks.
    That's wonderful, J.D.!!! Thanks for the update! I hope others' troubles get resolved, too!!

+ Reply to Thread