+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I'm so sorry for your loss, Brooks. The suddenness and the strong work family you have built have undoubtedly left you stunned. Grief may come to you in waves as you continue on. I hope your company can find someone to help take up the slack who will eventually fit in with you there. Nobody will ever take her place, of course. I hope you are still able to take a trip in the fall for both your husband and you to refresh. Bless you.
    Brooks and famita like this.
    Count your blessings!

I am so sorry for your loss, Brooks. I'm sure you will meet up again someday.
    Brooks likes this.
    Tell me again about the day you brought me home and I was all cold and hungry and you became my forever human... It's my favorite kitty bedtime story.

Brooks, my thoughts are with you. You wrote beautifully about her and your idea to use her life as an inspiration is one that may help you get through tough times. I hope you and your spouse get to take that vacation as everyone deserves that time in order to be refreshed.
    Brooks and Debb70 like this.

So my mom sent me this poem not knowing that EB went to my high school. I had lost a purse at the time and was beside myself (freshman in college ) Now that I am loosing my mom it still rings true. Brooks, I hope you this might help you too....

One Art
    By Elizabeth Bishop
    The art of losing isn’t hard to master;
    so many things seem filled with the intent
    to be lost that their loss is no disaster.

Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
    of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
    The art of losing isn’t hard to master.

Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
    places, and names, and where it was you meant
    to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

I lost my mother’s watch. And look! my last, or
    next-to-last, of three loved houses went.
    The art of losing isn’t hard to master.

I lost two cities, lovely ones. And, vaster,
    some realms I owned, two rivers, a continent.
    I miss them, but it wasn’t a disaster.

—Even losing you (the joking voice, a gesture
    I love) I shan’t have lied. It’s evident
    the art of losing’s not too hard to master
    though it may look like (Write it!) like disaster.
    Punkin, Kip, Brooks and 2 others like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Beerbelly-Thinking of you and sending positive and healing thoughts and prayers to you and your mom.

Brooks, I'm sure you and she qualified as best friends. How wonderful to have that sort of community at work!!
    Kip, beerbelly and Photobabe like this.

beerbelly You did have a rough week. I'm so glad that you were sent angels to help you get through. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Brooks I can't think of a better tribute to your friend than using her life as an inspiration.
    I'm sure she would be so happy to know that her life had such a positive influence on the people around her.
    I'll send positive thoughts in hopes that you and your husband can go on your trip this fall.
    I understand, my furry friends have taught me too.
    Brooks and beerbelly like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Brooks, my condolences on the loss of your friend.
    Brooks likes this.

FORT Fogey

As soon as another sibling said that she would talk to the stalker sibling, I decided that I could avoid dealing with the stalker at the hearing. I went to the hearing anyway without having the stalker served. There is only one judge who does hearings for restraining orders. It was the same judge who had checked the "no-evidence of abuse" box. He lacks insight. Also, I made two comments, and he kept interrupting me with questions. I could have told the entire "story" in maybe 30 seconds to a minute. (Judge Judy always lets people tell their story).

I don't think the judge realizes that relatives don't always communicate with each other on a regular basis. I didn't have the opportunity to tell him that the stalker sibling has a history of abandoning, alternating with stalking. Even for relatives who don't abandon, it's not appropriate for people to invite themselves uninvited to visit about 30 times... or even once. That judge lacks the insight to spend all of his time on hearings for restraining orders.

They started out by with the people who needed a Spanish language translator. The first person said that her boyfriend had chocked her with one hand while pulling her hair with his other hand. She said that the police were called. Both sides wanted a trial, but the judge said that "it wasn't obvious who was guilty." The judge said that they could have a trial anyway. The second person said that she couldn't have her ex-husband served because he was in Mexico.

Also, I asked the judge where I could get the forms about having the information sealed. He said that he didn't know... he said that he could barely figure out how to deal with the hearings. When I had handed in the forms, I thought that the information would be shredded for those who didn't have a summons served. Now the "knocking" letters will be there for anyone to read... since I had handed in a copy of excerpts from six knocking letters.

FORT Fogey

I got information from a librarian about how to try to get files sealed.
    Kip and Cootie like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

bachelorwatcher - that judge sounds like he's either incompetent or is just going through the motions and trying to do as little s possible.

+ Reply to Thread