+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1998Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I am relieved that it ended up not being a stroke, but is a urinary tract infection. My Dad is doing pretty well, all things considered.
    Punkin, Kip, shyra and 8 others like this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Oh good. They should be able to clear that up with antibiotics.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

UTIs certainly can have different and unusual ways of showing themselves when people get older.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. I am relieved that it ended up not being a stroke, but is a urinary tract infection. My Dad is doing pretty well, all things considered.
    I'm glad it wasn't a stroke.

If your dad was prescribed macrobid, watch carefully for side effects. My 84-year-old mother was prescribed this for a UTI. The side effects were immediate and awful and sent her into a downward spiral from which she never recovered. I've since met a couple of other people - one in her 20s and one in his 40s who had terrible experiences with it. The side effects put one in the hospital.

MACROBID: Side effects, ratings, and patient comments
    beerbelly likes this.

Kip Thanks for posting that warning.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I'm glad it wasn't a stroke.

If your dad was prescribed macrobid, watch carefully for side effects. My 84-year-old mother was prescribed this for a UTI. The side effects were immediate and awful and sent her into a downward spiral from which she never recovered. I've since met a couple of other people - one in her 20s and one in his 40s who had terrible experiences with it. The side effects put one in the hospital.

MACROBID: Side effects, ratings, and patient comments
    That's so sad, Kip, but thank you for sharing this warning.

JLuvs, I am so glad to hear that your dad did not suffer a stroke. Hopefully, with a good course of antibiotics, he should be good as new.

So happy to have good news!

Uggh - I had a rough week - the low lights were that I had to end a friendship that I had for 6 years (I felt it was just one way and I asked him not to do the thing he has done twice throughout our friendship that hurt me....only to find out he was doing it again.) I have crazy work drama and then today I got the news that my mom's health is in decline and among other things they think she has cirrhosis of the liver - which my dad had.

I kept my tears in only to break down going home. And I am not a pretty cryer - my face turns red and puffy and I was shaking with trying to keep it together and not doing a good job of it. I was waiting for the subway trying to hide myself when a woman got off her train to come up to me to ask if I was ok and that she has been there and to breath. I love NYC and her kind people.

And not to get all religious but I do go to church every Sunday and we only have a few people that go (11 at the most and three of them live there) but after the woman telling me to breathe I take a train and get off of at my stop...and I run into one of the people from the church. His name? Angel. He hugged me and I just sobbed (not a pretty cryer!). I believe God gives you angels through other people - but I think He was being obvious here!!!
    Punkin, Kip, Brooks and 7 others like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Ahh Beerbelly, I'm sorry for your troubles. But am glad you could find some consolation on your way home. That ugly crying business is brutal. But when you need to cry, it should help despite the toll it will take on your looks.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope you can feel better soon.
    beerbelly and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    So happy to have good news!

Uggh - I had a rough week - the low lights were that I had to end a friendship that I had for 6 years (I felt it was just one way and I asked him not to do the thing he has done twice throughout our friendship that hurt me....only to find out he was doing it again.) I have crazy work drama and then today I got the news that my mom's health is in decline and among other things they think she has cirrhosis of the liver - which my dad had.

I kept my tears in only to break down going home. And I am not a pretty cryer - my face turns red and puffy and I was shaking with trying to keep it together and not doing a good job of it. I was waiting for the subway trying to hide myself when a woman got off her train to come up to me to ask if I was ok and that she has been there and to breath. I love NYC and her kind people.

And not to get all religious but I do go to church every Sunday and we only have a few people that go (11 at the most and three of them live there) but after the woman telling me to breathe I take a train and get off of at my stop...and I run into one of the people from the church. His name? Angel. He hugged me and I just sobbed (not a pretty cryer!). I believe God gives you angels through other people - but I think He was being obvious here!!!
    Awww beerbelly, I'm sorry you had such a rough week. I'm not a pretty crier either, so I totally get that. I have to say though, that I think it is really cool even when you are having a bad week that you still see Him and His signs to give you comfort. Good for you! I will keep you and yours in my prayers.
    beerbelly likes this.

Thank you so much! In movies women look so pretty with one tear and not a big sobbing pumpkin head

It always seems that people reach out to me in unexpected ways when I am upset. I mean, you would never expect such kindness in NYC. But it happens often.
    Kip and DesertRose like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread