+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1980Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

That doctor had to be a man. You are quite the trooper, Gutmutter.

ETA:
    No offense to any male FORTers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Gut, you are a trooper as those before me have said. Now get your favorite beverage in hand, your favorite show on the tube, and for heavens sake get in that brand spanking new cushy chair of yours and float away.

J.D., I don't look forward to days to come with Lil Rose. I hope she stays a happy 18-y.o. forever. I had a wonderful relationship with my mom, and there were times when I was in my early 20's when I was not a happy person to be around, I'm sure. I apologized to my mom many times over. Hang in there. She'll appreciate your concern one day soon.

ADK, it's so much fun watching your countdown , although having Run-Away Bride staring at me all the time is frightening!
    Last edited by roseskid; 07-08-2005 at 10:12 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I came here to whine about my problems and have gotten a little perspective. My life's not so bad, all things considered. I'm sorry about the masochistic doc, Gut. Let's all hope that karma is working in his life.

So - after being able to go full-time at my new temp job (which was going to save my butt financially), I got a call from my agency telling me that they no longer needed me at that assignment. I'm unemployed, once again I'm not that disappointed about the job really - the boss was a beast and I was WAY over-qualified. I'm more upset about the money and, I guess, about the feeling of not being in control of my situation.

Anyway, I'm trying to be zen about the whole thing and get over it, but I only found out about an hour ago. I'm still a bit shocked by the whole thing.

I keep telling myself: Only 6 more weeks until school starts (and I get my financial aid!)!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh crap, Critical! That sucks. Do you know what suddenly changed?

Aw, Critical, I'm sorry things didn't work out. I know it sounds trite, but good things do await you. I also know it's tough to feed yourself on hope, however, so my wish for you is that something else comes your way in the meantime. Can you check out other temp agencies? Here's a hug for you, too, friend.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

That's a shame critical - hang in there.

By the way, I used to be a placement coordinator for a temp agency - mostly doing full time placments - buy-outs. Sometimes, in the end, the client would balk at the fee, if not negotiated properly. Or perhaps they were made aware you were going back to school and didn't want to pay the agency conversion fee given that Most likely it had nothing at all to do with YOU (if that's any consolation)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Now accepting soothing noises and hugging smilies. Thank you.
    How 'bout some flowers?

I'm fine, really. Don't worry about sending ME a bouquet just becaue I happen to love flowers. *sniff, sniff*

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I'm fine, really. Don't worry about sending ME a bouquet just becaue I happen to love flowers. *sniff, sniff*
    I was about to second that request, then I read why Gutmutter was getting them. OWWWWW!!! Poor baby. You can have my bouquet, too. (I'm sure it's coming... )

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Oh crap, Critical! That sucks. Do you know what suddenly changed?
    You know, I'm really not sure. I think it was a combination of things. They really did not get as busy as they anticipated, which meant that I was doing a lot of sitting around and reading the training manuals again. Also, I don't think the boss and I really clicked. You know when you make a comment about something to someone and they just don't even understand what you're saying, although it seems clear to everyone else? Yeah - that was every day with her. I started to wonder if it was me. Everyone in that company hates her and is miserable and wanting to quit. Not such a happy place to work. I had already given up the idea of staying when school started - they mentioned that they could work around school - and was counting the days until I could leave.

Roses - I am signed up with another agency. I called them as soon as I heard and told them I was available for work. My parents can help me if I need it, but I'd rather not take any money from them. I went a whole 10 months without any help from them and I don't want to start now. Money is really the only thing that stresses me out. Everything else, I can deal with.

Ah well - onward and upward!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread