+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2014Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Keep in mind we teach people how to treat us.
    My DH says now you don't play that mess with anyone else why now? Its my sister and my mom taught us to take care of family. I am at the end of my rope now though!
    Punkin and AmyKay like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm sure your mom never expected you to let your sister treat you like a doormat, either.

No guilt. It's an emotion of control.
    Kip, MsDiva2007 and AZChristian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm sure your mom never expected you to let your sister treat you like a doormat, either.
    truth. I just need to handle this before I leave on my trip Friday!
    AZChristian likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

We are here for you. Nobody said it's going to be easy.
    Kip and AZChristian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    My DH says now you don't play that mess with anyone else why now? Its my sister and my mom taught us to take care of family. I am at the end of my rope now though!
    And it sounds like your sister has relied on this for way too long. Good luck - family and money make for lots of tough situations.
    Kip and Debb70 like this.

In family situations, there is always backlash. So be prepared and don't let it influence your decision. Be strong!

Oh my. As I read this thread I just seethed thinking about the money my parents have spent on ungrateful, self entitled, self absorbed, brats in our family. It really bothers me, but my parents tolerate it. I have no patience for such behavior. But, my parents have no desire to say no or even state the facts to these people. So, I just let it go. As my parents are getting older, I may have to step in at some point. Even if it is against their wishes.

It's horrific how they have allowed certain ones in the family to treat them. It's not even helping the people either. It's helping cripple them, because they don't know how to treat people fairly. IMO, you are doing a loved one a great service by explaining how money works and helping them understand that no one likes people who mooch, impose, steal or generally don't pay someone back. The kind thing to do is tell them straight and enforce it. That's a valuable lesson, IMO.

Okay, I'm done. lol
    Kip and AZChristian like this.

People are afraid of the word "No". Boy, I'm sure not!
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My chef daughter who lives in Boston had her apartment broken into and ransacked last night. She was at work, but her roommate came home to find the door wide open. A week ago, a nearby neighbor was murdered during a robbery! They stayed with a friend last night and are looking for a temporary place to stay until the end of August when their lease runs out and they have another apartment waiting. Anyone with a prayer to spare? I need them safe and sheltered for the next month or so. Thanks.
    Oh man, that's scary. When I was in my early 20s and living in a ground-floor studio apartment, in summer (hot weather, no A/C, open window with a flimsy screen) some creep started to break in to my apartment at night. I had a box fan in my window. When he pushed in the screen, the fan crashed to the floor, woke me up, and scared the worthless piece-of-**** a**-h*** away. Luckily, my lease was month-to-month, and I was able to move the following month into a more secure second-floor apartment in a better neighborhood.

Three decades later, I still have break-in nightmares. My empathy and positive thoughts are certainly with you and your daughter.
    Kip and Debb70 like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

People are afraid of the word "No". Boy, I'm sure not!
    Lol and generally I don't have a problem saying no but I guess because she is my older sister that respect is ingrained in me. However I am not getting back the same respect I put out any longer. so yes some changes are coming.
    Ellen, Kip, Uncle David and 1 others like this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread