+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1678Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

I would suggest hiring personal security but that's pretty expensive! I was just thinking it might help to have a 3rd party intercept your sisters calls and visits at least for a short time, until she lets it go and goes back to her own life. More than likely, though, even if it did work, once the security was gone, she'd probably be back.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I would suggest hiring personal security but that's pretty expensive! I was just thinking it might help to have a 3rd party intercept your sisters calls and visits at least for a short time, until she lets it go and goes back to her own life. More than likely, though, even if it did work, once the security was gone, she'd probably be back.
    Personal security is something only celebrities can afford.
    Gutmutter likes this.

My chef daughter who lives in Boston had her apartment broken into and ransacked last night. She was at work, but her roommate came home to find the door wide open. A week ago, a nearby neighbor was murdered during a robbery! They stayed with a friend last night and are looking for a temporary place to stay until the end of August when their lease runs out and they have another apartment waiting. Anyone with a prayer to spare? I need them safe and sheltered for the next month or so. Thanks.
    Punkin, Kip, AmyKay and 5 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Anyone with a prayer to spare? I need them safe and sheltered for the next month or so. Thanks.
    You got it.
    Gutmutter likes this.

OMG Gutt! That's scary stuff. Thank God they are safe. You can't be too careful with those kind of situations. If they need resources, perhaps see if the Police Department's Criminal Victim's assistance division may assist. Some places have them. It's worth a try.

you know I have a problem with family members who take advantage of my kindness. I have one who acts like I am an ATM machine and just keeps coming to me for all their money needs and never pays me back. Then these same people are taking vacations and things but I never get my money back ugh. I can afford it but its just starting to bug me now and I don't know what to do. I mean not like small loans but rent money and thousands of $$
    AmyKay likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Do you think you created the problem?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MsDiva - If it were me, I think the next time I heard about a vacation or other unnecessary expenditure I would ask them (away from others - email or card if necessary) how it is that they can afford that when they haven't paid you back. Then the next time I was asked for money, I would firmly state that until the balance of past debts has been paid, you won't be loaning more. Plain and simple.
    Punkin, cablejockey, Kip and 4 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    you know I have a problem with family members who take advantage of my kindness. I have one who acts like I am an ATM machine and just keeps coming to me for all their money needs and never pays me back. Then these same people are taking vacations and things but I never get my money back ugh. I can afford it but its just starting to bug me now and I don't know what to do. I mean not like small loans but rent money and thousands of $$
    I love my family, and we are all very close. However. we're not all created equal monetarily, so sometimes we have to help each other. We had your problem many years ago, but came up with a solution that has worked for us. We continue to loan each other money when someone is in need, but ONLY if the person in need doesn't already owe us money. This gives each individual an incentive to repay the loan at their earliest convenience. And, best of all, it's no longer awkward saying no. After all, rules are rules!

Make no mistake, we would never let another member of the family suffer. This applies primarily to convience/non-emergency loans.
    Punkin, Ellen, cablejockey and 4 others like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    MsDiva - If it were me, I think the next time I heard about a vacation or other unnecessary expenditure I would ask them (away from others - email or card if necessary) how it is that they can afford that when they haven't paid you back. Then the next time I was asked for money, I would firmly state that until the balance of past debts has been paid, you won't be loaning more. Plain and simple.
    This! MsDiva, I went through something very similar. I finally realized that I either had to start considering the money I was giving a gift instead of a loan, or I had to stop giving it to the person - because I wasn't going to get it back and I was getting so ticked off with what they were spending the money on!!

Gut - sending prayers and good thoughts your daughter's way. Man, how scary!
    Kip and Uncle David like this.

+ Reply to Thread