+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2024Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

We don't hydrate nearly enough and I find we totally underestimate the importance it plays in our health.
    KatesMom likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Glad you are doing well Kates Mom
    KatesMom likes this.
    You can do it!

Katesmom You've been in my thoughts. I was glad to read that you are doing well.
    Keep resting and healing.
    KatesMom likes this.

KatesMom, keep up the good work! Have to let you know I'm a little jealous about the perky part....REALLY?! lol
    KatesMom likes this.

Katesmom, I'm so glad you're doing so well. It must a relief that it's over. Have they given you an idea of what to expect? I hope things continue to go so well.
    KatesMom likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    KatesMom, it is good to read that you are doing well and have a positive attitude. That will help you heal from the surgery and get on with your life. You are in my thoughts.

bachelorwatcher, I hope things go well for you so that you can move on from this negative situation.

Uncle David, thanks again for your spin on perspective. I live near the forest in a very lush, green environment. There are people around me who can't even see the beauty where I live! It's about the powers of observation and opening up to your surroundings. Not just in a literal sense, of course.

One time I was supervising a tricky student on a field trip to the coast. All he could say was that looking at all the sand and rocks on the beach was boring. I got him to slow down and look at the tide pools around us. We discovered something so wonderful - tiny crabs with blue tips that were just slightly bigger than the grains of sand! Not only did that boy become super excited over our observation, I was also reminded about taking time to slow down and just enjoy where I was at. Now I try to do that every day in some fashion.
    Thank you, Cootie. It's not easy to move on from this negative situation, since my stalker sibling has always been the way she is.

Also, I live in an urban area, but there are many forest-type trees close to where I live. I appreciate that someone decided to save some of the trees. When I look at the tress and walk by the trees, it seems as if I'm in a forest.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 07-17-2014 at 07:01 PM.

Do you think she would actually hurt you?
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Some forms of abuse are more subtle than overt physical violence... but can be just as harmful.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Yes, and you shouldn't have to live your life with your sister's constant unwanted intrusions. I can't believe the legal system is making you jump through so many hoops. Why do they have to wait until a situation becomes violent so they'll act??? I would think if the judge had been through what you have with the harassment, they'd take it more seriously and do something about it.

I really feel for you, bachelorwatcher, and I hope this situation comes to an end for you soon. I wish I had something to recommend, some advice that would help, but I don't.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Yes, and you shouldn't have to live your life with your sister's constant unwanted intrusions. I can't believe the legal system is making you jump through so many hoops. Why do they have to wait until a situation becomes violent so they'll act??? I would think if the judge had been through what you have with the harassment, they'd take it more seriously and do something about it.

I really feel for you, bachelorwatcher, and I hope this situation comes to an end for you soon. I wish I had something to recommend, some advice that would help, but I don't.
    On the forms that they have, there are extensive specific questions about physical violence. There are boxes to check for being hit, punched, kicked, strangled, thrown against a wall. That's what the judges are looking for. When I talked to the clerk, she told me to write down "emotional" abuse. It's a write-in comment: it's not considered important. I think if any judge was woken up at six on a Sunday morning by hearing knocking on a door, he would have a different opinion about what "abuse" is.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 07-18-2014 at 07:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread