+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2024Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Papa Bear, that was beautiful!

Just an update for me. I am one week post-surgery. I had a real hard time heading into the surgery. Going into pre-op and having to put the gown on made it all very real and I started crying and couldn't stop. Then of course they missed my veins (twice) on the IV, which didn't help things. All that being said, after I came out of surgery, I just realized that it was over and no one was going to glue it back on! The next morning, the surgeon took all the bandages off and had me look at everything and explained everything to me. It actually made it so much better (not really sure why). Since then, I have been absolutely fine. Today was my first follow up with the surgeon and they were actually able to take both drains out! I was so happy. He said it is rare that they can do that so soon post-surgery, but I have done everything right and everything is healing really well. That being said, I have to do more of the same (nothing) for the next week - no driving or using my right arm. I think that will be tougher this week - with the drains out and feeling better, I feel like I should be able to do more. BUT, I have come this far and done what I need to do, so I am going to keep doing it. OH, and side information - apparently my muscles were very flexible and cooperative so he was able to inflate the expander more than he thought he would be able to. So the nice, new perky boobs are coming along!!
    Punkin, Ellen, Kip and 10 others like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Perky... you have been in my thoughts since your last post. I am elated to hear that everything is going so well. Keep up the great work!
    KatesMom likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So glad that you are doing so well and that you are pleased with the way things are going. Your outlook is amazing.
    KatesMom likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks for updating us, Kates Mom! Happy this has been so easy for you post-op!
    KatesMom likes this.

FORT Fogey

I got a two week extension on the hearing. Also, while in the waiting area, I talked to someone who said that his ex-wife damaged his car twice, and he's trying to get a restraining order against her. He said that she broke the windows and slashed the tires of his car.

Kates Mom You now have perky boobs??!!! So cool!!! So glad to hear you are healing well!
    KatesMom likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

So happy to hear you are healing nicely and all went well, KatesMom. Please take it easy and do as the doctor has ordered. Sending you a great big hug.
    KatesMom likes this.

KatesMom, it is good to read that you are doing well and have a positive attitude. That will help you heal from the surgery and get on with your life. You are in my thoughts.

bachelorwatcher, I hope things go well for you so that you can move on from this negative situation.

Uncle David, thanks again for your spin on perspective. I live near the forest in a very lush, green environment. There are people around me who can't even see the beauty where I live! It's about the powers of observation and opening up to your surroundings. Not just in a literal sense, of course.

One time I was supervising a tricky student on a field trip to the coast. All he could say was that looking at all the sand and rocks on the beach was boring. I got him to slow down and look at the tide pools around us. We discovered something so wonderful - tiny crabs with blue tips that were just slightly bigger than the grains of sand! Not only did that boy become super excited over our observation, I was also reminded about taking time to slow down and just enjoy where I was at. Now I try to do that every day in some fashion.
    Last edited by Cootie; 07-17-2014 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Papa Bear, that was beautiful!

Just an update for me. I am one week post-surgery. I had a real hard time heading into the surgery. Going into pre-op and having to put the gown on made it all very real and I started crying and couldn't stop. Then of course they missed my veins (twice) on the IV, which didn't help things. All that being said, after I came out of surgery, I just realized that it was over and no one was going to glue it back on! The next morning, the surgeon took all the bandages off and had me look at everything and explained everything to me. It actually made it so much better (not really sure why). Since then, I have been absolutely fine. Today was my first follow up with the surgeon and they were actually able to take both drains out! I was so happy. He said it is rare that they can do that so soon post-surgery, but I have done everything right and everything is healing really well. That being said, I have to do more of the same (nothing) for the next week - no driving or using my right arm. I think that will be tougher this week - with the drains out and feeling better, I feel like I should be able to do more. BUT, I have come this far and done what I need to do, so I am going to keep doing it. OH, and side information - apparently my muscles were very flexible and cooperative so he was able to inflate the expander more than he thought he would be able to. So the nice, new perky boobs are coming along!!
    I'm so glad you are safely over the first hurdle. A Kindle or other e-reader would be excellent at this juncture... reading with one hand and the push of a button to keep your mind off things and keep you resting. There have been some excellent suggestions in the book thread recently. Eat healthy food and stay hydrated. Help your body heal.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I'm so glad you are safely over the first hurdle. A Kindle or other e-reader would be excellent at this juncture... reading with one hand and the push of a button to keep your mind off things and keep you resting. There have been some excellent suggestions in the book thread recently. Eat healthy food and stay hydrated. Help your body heal.
    Thanks Gut! In fact that is what I am doing. I downloaded the Book of Life which just came out and am actually re-reading the first two books right now to remember where the trilogy left off!
    Gutmutter and Cootie like this.

+ Reply to Thread