+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    It does. I really did like him - but it's not me...it's him. I am awesome!
    Yes you are and smart too! Kick him to the curb and find somebody that recognizes your awesomeness.

Go on vacation, awesome beerbelly and lasso yourself one of those hot Montana cowboys! Yeehaaaaaa!
    beerbelly and AZChristian like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    It does. I really did like him - but it's not me...it's him. I am awesome!
    I am just glad that you didn't go back there for your jacket. You could have gotten, inadvertently, "caught up".

Lord knows, we've all done the "leave something behind" move.
    beerbelly and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I've been having a bad time lately. Going through one of those phases where I hate my job and I hate my life in general.

I know there's nothing any of you can do about it and there's nothing I can do about it, either. I just wish for once in my life things would go my way and I could be as happy as everyone else. I feel like I've been cheated out of things that others take for granted and I have no idea how to make things better.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I'm so sorry, pikachu. I wish I had a magic wand or sage advice that could make it all better. Try to eat healthy food, stay hydrated, get enough sleep, and count your blessings. Sometimes when I get in a downward spiral I read a book about someone in truly dire straits and it checks me. Do you meditate or pray? Walk in nature or listen to calming music. One mood enhancer is to stir unsweetened cocoa powder into hot water and drink. Maybe something in this post will work for you. I'll be thinking of you.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Good...you should do it when you feel comfortable - and strong.
    I found out that people are usually granted a delay. (I was told people usually ask for delays because they can't find the person they want to serve. There is a question on the form which asks how many times the person has asked for a delay). The clerk told me that even if I'm not granted a delay, I could show up for the hearing anyway and talk to the judge. If I am granted a delay, the hearing would be in two weeks.

I'm still not sure I will go through with the hearing. The judge wrote on the papers that he found no evidence of abuse, (which includes stalking), even though I included excerpts from six letters that the stalker will knock on my front door. (I have about twenty or thirty knocking letters). I also included the fact that the stalker once tried to break down my front door. There is a crack, (about two feet long), in the door frame. What judges are really looking for is physical abuse, or threats of violence.

pikachu It's time for a spoil me day.
    What I've learned is... Most people's private life is not nearly as exciting or fantastic as their public life.
    They all have issues, family problems, work problems, money problems, just stuff that stays hidden.
    Your life is unique to you. You can design it to be any way you want it to be.

FORT Fogey

Also, whenever there is any knocking on a TV show, I hit the mute button. If anyone on a TV show looks as if they're about to knock on a door, I hit the mute button.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

pikachu, when is the last time you paid a visit to your doctor for a reevaluation of your medications? As I recall, the doc did a good job with the medication the last time. It might be worth a try since you were feeling pretty lousy the last time, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Life is perspective!

Everyone loves hiking in the forest. The birdsong. The deer bounding across the trail in front of you. The woodland creatures going about their lives. The lush green of the forest, and the patches of brilliant blue as you look up through the canopy. 'Life' and 'beauty' are everywhere, in abundance. This is the idyllic life!

On the other hand, when hiking in the desert, 'life' and 'beauty' aren't always so obvious. For those who don't take the time examine it closely the desert appears dead and lifeless. The screech of the hawk overhead is eery compared to the birdsong of the forest. The creatures aren't warm and fuzzy, they are cold and scaly. The seemingly never-ending beige is hardly as comforting as the soothing green of the forest.

Yet, those who love the desert have learned to find 'beauty' where others only see hardship and toil. They change their perspective, and, rather than looking at the 'big forest', they look at the little everyday miracles that abound in the desert. The lonesome song of the cactus wren or the descending scale of the canyon wren. They look past the possible danger of the snake, and, instead, see the beautiful patterns and colors that make each one distinctive. They marvel at the evolutionary miracles that allow plants and animals to survive in such a harsh environment.

Life is like hiking. You choose a path and start walking. Sometimes you get to change paths, sometimes you don't. Regardless, it's up to you how you perceive the trail you are on at the moment. Deal with the obstacles you find along the trail as efficiently as you can, and remember that, whether you're on a forest trail or a desert trail, there is beauty all around you. Seek it out, and allow it to outshine that which would bring you down.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread