+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Everyone, thanks for the kind words and thoughts! Every now and then I just get into my shower and just scream and cry so I do have access to my "padded cell".

Oh famita. I'm glad that you are releasing your sorrow and not keeping it.

FORT Fogey

Here's the sentence that the judge checked from the front page... "the facts as stated (in the forms I that had filled out) do not show reasonable proof of a past act or acts of abuse." The Code, (which I had looked up), included the words "stalking" and harassing" as "abuse."

I added a page that included information about the time years ago that the stalker sat in a chair outside my front door. (I had called the police, and they showed up). I also included the information about the stalker writing that she would park her car in front of my place while she was in church. (She did that several times. Also, she lived about twenty miles away at the time, but I didn't include that fact. She drove twenty miles out of her way to attend a church which is very close to where I live.). Also, the church has a large parking lot, but she always parked in front of my place. Those comments took up an entire page that I had hand printed. I added a second page that had photocopied excerpts from six "knocking" letters.

Those two pages were stamped... but I don't know if that means that the judge actually read those pages. With six knocking comments, that's proof of stalking. I don't know why the judge would deny that there isn't any proof.

Also, another sibling finally responded to my letter. (She had been on vacation). She said that she would talk to the stalker sibling, but she added that she didn't know if talking to the stalker would help. She's aware of controlling, manipulative things that the stalker has done, so my comments were believable. I should write to her or call her, and ask if I should go through with the hearing. If she hadn't responded, I would definitely have gone through with the hearing.

The hearing is scheduled for the middle of July.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 07-01-2014 at 07:46 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Good luck bachelorwatcher!
    Thank you.

bachelorwatcher I hope you get this resolved so you can go on and live a peaceful life. Constantly having to be on guard is very exhausting and limiting. I think it's a good idea to consult with your other sibling. Maybe she can give you some insight and clarity as to the stalker sibling's motive. She also might be able to let the stalker sibling know that you are fine and living your life like you want and she needs to back away. Often times, what we see as wrong in someones life could be due to our own life experiences. Meaning, it might not work for me but works for you.
    Sending calming thoughts your way.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    bachelorwatcher I hope you get this resolved so you can go on and live a peaceful life. Constantly having to be on guard is very exhausting and limiting. I think it's a good idea to consult with your other sibling. Maybe she can give you some insight and clarity as to the stalker sibling's motive. She also might be able to let the stalker sibling know that you are fine and living your life like you want and she needs to back away. Often times, what we see as wrong in someones life could be due to our own life experiences. Meaning, it might not work for me but works for you.
    Sending calming thoughts your way.

Thank you for the calming thoughts.

The stalker has to be served with papers, (typically by a sheriff), at least five days before the hearing. If they aren't served, the hearing will be canceled. If she doesn't show up at the hearing, I will automatically get a restraining order.

What judges are concerned with are preventing people from being beaten up or shot. Leaving notes on doors and sitting outside residences are not a priority for them.

The other sibling said she would talk to her, so should I go to the hearing?

The stalker is a control freak. She has always been like that. Does she think that something is wrong in my life? I don't go to church, and she does, so she thinks I should go to church. I am no longer overweight, but the stalker doesn't know that... she sent information about how all my other siblings lost weight. That information isn't needed or wanted. She has left packages outside my front door. I sent them back without opening them. She thinks she knows what I want and need. She doesn't want to help. She wants to control.

She abandoned me years ago. Now she wants to "visit," and control every aspect of my life.

Going to a memorial service is always sad. If it is a child, it is even more so, right? I attended a service for two brothers who died recently. My heart is broken over the loss of these children. It's hard to even write about it.
    Punkin likes this.

I know what you mean, Cootie. A man I worked for over 20 years ago lost his 7-year old son to Cystic Fibrosis. The memory of that little baby blue casket can still bring me to tears. Same with hearing his little school friends sniffling during the funeral. Truly heartbreaking.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Cootie, sending you healing thoughts and prayers. A loss is hard, no matter who it is.
    A child in my opinion, is worse. They haven't had their chance.

Last year a friend lost her late teen daughter who was a twin. I always think twins are the hardest at any age.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread