+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1777Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Not to worry you more, but on 9-11 all the airports were closed down - borders, too. I don't know if that will happen in London, but do prepare yourself that she may not be able to get out. Let us know when you are all safely together away from it all.
    Since the 9/11 attacks came from hijacked aircraft, I think they had no choice but to ground everything and close the airports. I heard these were suicide bombers so maybe they will keep the airports open and she will be able to get out ok. I hope so anyway. I'm saying a prayer for everyone in the UK today.
    I need to give a big :group hug to all of you. There are just way too many bad things happening here.

CCL
    ClosetNerd - that sucks. I'm sorry your sister is not more understanding.

Geek
    - I'm glad your sister is okay. Manny - I hope your friends are fine.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Maybe this should go in the good news thread, but since the entire story has been dragged out in here, I'll just post here: Lori and I are at least speaking, well, via email at this point, but she is coming around - beginning to understand that she and I are way more alike than she would like to admit. I've explained to her that the love she feels for her daughters is the love I feel for mine. I think that helped.

Machiaveli lives! I tried to think of some approach that would make this fit in the "Good News" thread, but I'm not channelling Pollyanna at the moment. With surgery one week ago, I went in for an MRI-guided biopsy today of another mysterious spot that didn't show up on ultra-sound. First a baseline MRI. No problem, I just pretend I'm sunbathing. Then they squeeze my incized baby into a grid and MRI again. Fine. Then there's novacaine and the sound of a dentist's drill involved and - oops! not enough novacaine. Ow. Ok, relax, visualize. More novacaine, more drilling. Direct extreme pressure after the needles and tubes come out but Mr. cute, funny doctor man distracts me while that goes on for 10 min. Fine and dandy, time to go home? No! Now they just want to do a couple of MAMMOGRAMS!!!!!!!! Ladies, remember back to what that entails and imagine it with a newly operated and drilled body part. I tell you. It was evil. Pure evil. Now accepting soothing noises and hugging smilies. Thank you.
    Count your blessings!

ooohhh poor Gutmutter! - I was wincing when I read your post. Try to keep focusing on how important it is to make sure they got everything (easy for me to say - I didn't have my sore aching body squeezed into a vice today)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Ouch Gut! I hurt just thinking about it! Here ya go

And for getting through it

and something to get you through the next time you aren't given enough novocaine

and while we're at it

Because it's cute and i always sympathize with cows when I think of mammograms.

OMG Glitter. Thank you for making me laugh. I knew coming here was a good idea.
    Count your blessings!

CCL
    OOh, gutmutter! You're a trooper! I give you a a and a (cause they're cute and I know you're loved up with kittens right now).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

OMG Glitter. Thank you for making me laugh. I knew coming here was a good idea.

Glad to me of service Gut.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Maybe this should go in the good news thread, but since the entire story has been dragged out in here, I'll just post here: Lori and I are at least speaking, well, via email at this point, but she is coming around - beginning to understand that she and I are way more alike than she would like to admit. I've explained to her that the love she feels for her daughters is the love I feel for mine. I think that helped.
    Good for you J.D. It's so darned hard being a parent. You just love them so much and want the best for them but convincing them of that isn't easy. Keep hanging in there.

Ladies, remember back to what that entails and imagine it with a newly operated and drilled body part. I tell you. It was evil. Pure evil. Now accepting soothing noises and hugging smilies. Thank you.
    Oh my. Mammograms are bad enough without all that other stuff. You've earned the right to curl up on the sofa tonight with a blankie and some painkillers.

+ Reply to Thread