+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1551Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

As I've expressed before I'm rather unfazed by the journey, but as I move forward with the process I become acutely aware of the pain of my loved ones. So, famita, I empathize with you. Perhaps your sister could make some videos that she can leave as keepsakes. You can create a YouTube account for her where she can upload the videos where her family can view them remotely. That may help to ease her pain.

When he was dying Warren Zevon wrote a song that has helped me to externalize my feelings. Perhaps it may help you and your sister. Fair warning, don't listen to this song without a box of tissues. (close your eyes and listen without reading the lyrics first)
    Punkin, famita, PGM35 and 3 others like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm so sorry to hear of your sister's cancer, famita. One of my biggest fears after my mom died was that I would eventually forget what she looked like and what her personality was like but so far, I don't think there's any way I could forget her. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. Her memory is etched in my heart.

As for the grandchildren, even if they're too young to personally remember her, they can come to know her through stories told to them by other relatives and by pictures so I'm sure she won't be forgotten.

I worry about something happening to my sister, even though we're not close. I don't know which would be worse--me dying before her or her dying before me. Either way, I'm not ready to lose her. I keep hoping we'll have a reconciliation before either of us goes so we can have some years to build happy adulthood memories. That ball is in her court, though. I've tried to reach out to her and she rejects me so I have to wait until she's ready to come to me.
    famita and KatesMom like this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    BUT, I did want to respond to one thing in your post - please don't feel bad about your feelings. They are your feelings and it is your loss. Yes, your sister is going through a lot and has her own fears and worries, but that doesn't mean that yours aren't just as valid to you!
    Amen, Perky!
    PGM35 and KatesMom like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Famita, I'm sorry about your sister. My heart goes out to you all.

The thought of the loved ones being forgotten is so sad, but understandable. My grandparents practically raised me until I started school. My grandmother was more like a mom to me than my mom. She was everything to me. She died suddenly, when I was seven years old. I didn't fully understand it. I couldn't fathom death at that time, but everyday I have thought of her in a wonderful way. She's never far away and I hold her in my heart at all times. I often asks myself what Ma Ma would want me to do. I see her as clearly as I did when I was seven. I recall her personality, style and habits to this day. I know she looks over me. She would never be forgotten and I know one day I'll actually see her again. I hope your sister can gain some peace from knowing how much we treasure and remember our loved ones who leave too early.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

FORT Fogey

I handed the paperwork in for the restraining order. I will find out later on if I get a hearing. I even copied six knocking letters on to one page with a copier. I just included the sentences from the six letters that had the word "knocking."
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Famita, I'm so sorry about the news of your sister. My heart goes out to you and to your family.
    famita likes this.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    As I've expressed before I'm rather unfazed by the journey, but as I move forward with the process I become acutely aware of the pain of my loved ones. So, famita, I empathize with you. Perhaps your sister could make some videos that she can leave as keepsakes. You can create a YouTube account for her where she can upload the videos where her family can view them remotely. That may help to ease her pain.

When he was dying Warren Zevon wrote a song that has helped me to externalize my feelings. Perhaps it may help you and your sister. Fair warning, don't listen to this song without a box of tissues. (close your eyes and listen without reading the lyrics first)
    The idea of making videos as a keepsake is an excellent idea. Mine and my sister's kids love to look at videos and pictures of my Dad. The older ones who were in some of the videos and pictures tell the younger ones about their granddad. At family gatherings, we will sit around and tell stories about my dad and other family members. The grandkids love to hear them and many times will request a retell.

That is a great song Uncle David.
    I think about my Dad often. I know he sends me messages.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 06-28-2014 at 01:22 PM.
    famita and Uncle David like this.

FORT Fogey

I was granted a hearing, but supposedly everyone, or almost everyone gets one. I asked the clerk at the window if 99% of people get a hearing, and he said "more than that." But, the judge checked a box on the front page. I don't have the page with me, but the statement after the checked box was about a specific Code not being "violated," (or a word similar to that). The Code states that the court may issue an order enjoining a party from stalking, harassing, (along with other actions). If they haven't issued an order, how could a non-order be violated... or maybe the judge thinks there wasn't any stalking. I will call the courthouse on Monday to find the answer to my question.

Good luck bachelorwatcher!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

bachelorwatcher, hope your news is good!

+ Reply to Thread