+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2014Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

When I was in 5th grade, 5 children in one family in our school were killed in a fire (one was in my class and a buddy). This was back when we had to attend and sing at every funeral. The scene of those 5 caskets in the church still stays with me to this very day. Their poor mother lived into her very advanced years. I just can't imagine dealing with that every day for the rest of my life.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

How very sad, Cootie. Stories like this remind us that the folks here are real people, with real experiences to share.

When I was very young, a neighbor boy my sister's age ran out into the street and was hit and killed by a car. I remember years later when they had the high school graduation service at our church, his mom was in the choir crying. It really hit me that she would still be mourning her son a dozen years later.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think the mourning ever stops.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I know that now, but as a teen, it was a revelation.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Cootie - my condolences. Dealing with the death of children is so difficult.

Thanks for your messages - I am still processing this information. The loss of children is different than those who have lived a long life. I am mourning what these two children have been and what they were growing into. I am incredibly sad for the parents and other family members. The place they occupied in this world will never be filled. Our school community will be doing whatever we can to help honor the boys and help the family deal with the loss. Thanks again for your kind words.

Cootie, that's so sad to hear. I can't even imagine. Condolences to you and their family.

I've been coming to grips with the news that my sister's breast cancer has now spread to her liver. They are starting a different chemo...both she and drs are on board w/this decision. She wants to be here for her son's wedding in November. In a long talk yesterday, she has plans to move back to Ft Wayne for hospice (when its time)and has been so hopeful and fierce throughout this battle. I'm devastated because I am only thinking about my loss and not the pain she goes through every day! She has a wonderful husband who is there for her thick and thin, she has 2 wonderful children. She has 3 gorgeous grandkids that she is afraid they will forget her. How do I ease her mind-no way they'll forget her!

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    I got some very sad news today. Brothers that had been my students perished in a fire. I can only imagine the shock and pain that their family is experiencing. It is surreal.

So many pictures of these two are flashing through my head. In my job, I have my students every year that they attend my school, so I had one of them for 6 years, the other was younger so I had him for 3 years.
    Cootie, I'm so sorry. That is honestly my greatest fear. I am strong and can get through just about anything - but I have repeatedly said I'm not sure I could survive the loss of my children. There is a reason parents die first.

Famita, I'm so sorry about your sister. I wish I had words of encouragement for you to pass on to your sister. You are right - her grandkids will never forget her - her children will make sure that doesn't happen. My grandmother died when I was very young and I still have very vivid memories. Not of everything, obviously. But every time we went to visit her, she had gone out and gotten candy and made a bag for me and my brother. It was always in her refrigerator. I don't think I will ever forget that - or how it made me feel. I knew she loved us then and I still know it today over 30 years later! I'm sure it will be the same for your sister's grandkids.

BUT, I did want to respond to one thing in your post - please don't feel bad about your feelings. They are your feelings and it is your loss. Yes, your sister is going through a lot and has her own fears and worries, but that doesn't mean that yours aren't just as valid to you! From my own experience, I have mentioned on here before, my SIL is fighting stage 4 lung cancer. When I was diagnosed she was the first one to call me. I felt like crap talking about how I felt with her. The reality is that I am stage 0 and I will survive, albeit with one less real boob. As soon as I started saying that I shouldn't be complaining to her, she told me to shut up. She told me that cancer is cancer and it is scary and it is not about comparing - it is about relating. Same thing with you - just because your pain and feelings are different does not mean they are less! Hugs!
    Punkin, prhoshay, Lil Bit and 6 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread