+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1656Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

You know I love you special, David, considering our 'mutual' interest in squirrels. DH sends his love and support to you too. Just holler if the treatments make your tummy squeezy and I'll head on down with my special, healing chicken soup and deliver in person.
    PGM35 and Uncle David like this.

Thinking good thoughts Uncle David, you have a great attitude.
    PGM35 and Uncle David like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Uncle David, I'm sorry to hear of your illness. You have a right to be very upset. I do wish you the best during your treatment and recovery. How long will it take? I'm a little confused about you worrying that you will gain weight during treatment.

Please let us know how you are doing. I realize you have so much on your plate right now and need to focus on your health, but you may want to consult an attorney to see what your legal remedies may be regarding your medical treatment.
    Not really upset per se. What's done is done. Can't change it. Dwelling upon it is counterproductive. Best to let it go and move forward. Getting involved in a legal pursuit is also a waste of energy. Although I can provide a timeline of mistakes and omissions that led me here what would be the point? I can't be made whole. If they could turn back time and catch the cancer before it spread then I'd say go for it. Unfortunately, that can't be done. The stone has been cast, it landed in the water and the ripples are in motion. My job now is as it has always been... try to create new ripples that will take me on another adventure.

As the saying goes, we all come with an expiration date. Make the best of what time you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Please forgive my a few posts back. I thought I was responding to the above quote and didn't see that there was another page of posts. Very sorry to hear of your new diagnosis. Please let us know how it's going.
    I knew what you were referring to.
    Punkin, PGM35, AZChristian and 1 others like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wow! Impressive!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis Uncle David. Your great outlook will definitely help you through chemo. Hugs.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    They didn't miss the tumor. They biopsied it, but left it there. About as incompetent as waiting for a year after I first came in with symptoms before giving me a colonoscopy. Still, life is an adventure BECAUSE of the ups and downs. I try not to get too discouraged when these little diversions arrive. Besides, worrying about something before it happens is a waste of time and effort. Plenty of time to worry about the effects of the chemo after I start.
    This right here is why I'm now actually considering a mastectomy instead of a lumpectomy. They already found and biopsied two. While doing the biopsies, they found a third that they think they want to biopsy after all this is over. My thoughts are now that I am 41 and I have 2 small kids and just want to be done with this! Just frickin' take 'em all!! Add to that that I have heard it is actually much easier to reconstruct after a mastectomy!

Uncle David, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. And I actually knew someone who gained weight while on chemo - she was VERY upset that she didn't even get THAT benefit out of everything!! Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones - in all ways!!
    Punkin, PGM35, Uncle David and 2 others like this.

KatesMom and Uncle David - You will both be in my thoughts and prayers. It is wonderful that you are both going into this challenge with positive attitudes!
    PGM35, Uncle David and Debb70 like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    This right here is why I'm now actually considering a mastectomy instead of a lumpectomy. They already found and biopsied two. While doing the biopsies, they found a third that they think they want to biopsy after all this is over. My thoughts are now that I am 41 and I have 2 small kids and just want to be done with this! Just frickin' take 'em all!! Add to that that I have heard it is actually much easier to reconstruct after a mastectomy!

Uncle David, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. And I actually knew someone who gained weight while on chemo - she was VERY upset that she didn't even get THAT benefit out of everything!! Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones - in all ways!!
    Trite as it sounds, only you can decide what's right for you. My doctor said we could start with just the oral treatment, and progress to more extreme versions if that didn't work. I told him I was all in or not at all. Not sure what you will ultimately decide, but it seems to me you already know, in your heart, what you want to do.
    PGM35 and KatesMom like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Well darn, Uncle David...I love your positive attitude but just darn.
    You're in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how you are doing.

KatesMom If I was in your situation I would be considering the same procedure.
    Ellen, PGM35, Uncle David and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post

It's a big decision KatesMom, you will do what is best for you. I missed your first post..my thoughts are with you. Big hugs
    PGM35 and KatesMom like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread