+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1581Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    <------ very happy there aren't testicularograms!
    LOL! You guys get off easy with the rubber glove and "turn your head and cough."
    My husband had prostate cancer, and consequently, a prostatectomy early last year. Fortunately, all subsequent PSAs have been "zero" no evidence of residual cancer.
    There are some challenges, but the upside for him is no more "dreaded rubber glove" tests.
    TMI?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Unfortunately for me, since I had to rely on the public healthcare available here in Clark County they didn't catch my colon cancer until it spread to my bladder and liver. They removed the growth from the bladder, but, for some reason no one can explain to me, they left a minuscule tumor on my liver. That malignancy has now spread to my lymph nodes and lung so I've decided to undergo chemo. Should start in the next couple of weeks. Not particularly looking forward to it, but not dreading it either.

My only concern is that I'll be the first person in history to GAIN weight during chemotherapy.
    Punkin, Kip, Brooks and 2 others like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Unfortunately for me, since I had to rely on the public healthcare available here in Clark County they didn't catch my colon cancer until it spread to my bladder and liver. They removed the growth from the bladder, but, for some reason no one can explain to me, they left a minuscule tumor on my liver. That malignancy has now spread to my lymph nodes and lung so I've decided to undergo chemo. Should start in the next couple of weeks. Not particularly looking forward to it, but not dreading it either.

My only concern is that I'll be the first person in history to GAIN weight during chemotherapy.
    That's awful that they missed getting all of the cancer. I'm impressed that your sense of humor is still intact. I'm sending positive thoughts your way.
    Uncle David likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

They didn't miss the tumor. They biopsied it, but left it there. About as incompetent as waiting for a year after I first came in with symptoms before giving me a colonoscopy. Still, life is an adventure BECAUSE of the ups and downs. I try not to get too discouraged when these little diversions arrive. Besides, worrying about something before it happens is a waste of time and effort. Plenty of time to worry about the effects of the chemo after I start.
    Punkin, prhoshay, Cootie and 2 others like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Uncle David, great positive attitude! Best of luck with your treatment and recovery!
    Uncle David likes this.

Uncle David likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Uncle David, I'm sorry to hear of your illness. You have a right to be very upset. I do wish you the best during your treatment and recovery. How long will it take? I'm a little confused about you worrying that you will gain weight during treatment.

Please let us know how you are doing. I realize you have so much on your plate right now and need to focus on your health, but you may want to consult an attorney to see what your legal remedies may be regarding your medical treatment.
    PGM35 likes this.

<------ very happy there aren't testicularograms!
    Please forgive my a few posts back. I thought I was responding to the above quote and didn't see that there was another page of posts. Very sorry to hear of your new diagnosis. Please let us know how it's going.
    Punkin, prhoshay and Uncle David like this.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Uncle David, sending you more positive thoughts and healing prayers!
    Uncle David likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Uncle David . . . keep us posted on your progress. I'll be praying for you!
    Uncle David likes this.

+ Reply to Thread