+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2015Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

I like your idea! I already believe most of the people around me are crazy, based on their actions. Like you said, if I let that invalidate what they say from them on, I'll cause myself much less stress. You can't expect a crazy person to act in a logical fashion!

BTW, my friend doesn't like cats so of course she would take what the bus driver says as gospel truth.

I did look up what the bus driver was talking about and it was some experiment done in Tokyo, published in December of last year. The researchers recorded the cat owners' voices and then played them for the cat to see what response they got. The cats lifted their heads, which they took to indicate the cats recognized the voice but didn't get up to look for the voice, which they took to indicate the cats didn't love their owners. Hardly scientific stuff. All that proves to me is you can't fool cats. You can pretend to throw a ball and a dog will chase after it but a cat won't. In this case, you can play the owners voice but the cat knows it's not really them because they don't see them near the source of the voice.

I bet dogs funded this experiment to give cats a bad name!!

Ugh! Some people.
    pikachu, You are a good person. Letting her use you as a outlet to vent is nice. It is as if she is using you as a sounding board to test her theories or crazy stories before she makes a bigger fool of herself in front of someone else.

And my thoughts on animal behavior are ... All the animals I've ever known are excellent judges of character. If my pet's meet someone they don't like, I take that as a hint to watch out for that person.
    Sure enough, over time, their hint is usually spot on.

"If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
    -Mark Twain
    Brooks, Photobabe and Debb70 like this.

Not sure if this is the right place or not and sorry in advance if it's not appropriate and if it offends anyone. But this is for a friend of a friend. Well she's my friend too but she's her best friend and I'd like to help out more if I can. I donated and said I'd post it where I could and I've posted on my Facebook and Google+ and Twitter and Pinterest and my Ladies group on Meetup and now I'm posting it here. So if you could spare a few bucks and/or share it with whoever you can, the story she wrote is touching and they really could use some help. I know we all could really and we all have a story and just hope that if I'm ever in need, someone would do something for me one day when I need the help. Thanks!

Help Them Breath A Little Easier | Help a Neighbor - YouCaring.com

FORT Fogey

Whenever my stalker sibling sends pictures of herself, I throw them away as soon as I get them. While looking through a file box yesterday, I found pictures of the sibling who told the stalker where I live. I threw the pictures of her away. Last night I had a dream that someone was going to send a certain wild animal into my place. They then sent the animal in. While trying to figure out how to deal with the animal, I woke up.

Throw the animal out!
    captain likes this.
    Count your blessings!

So now it's my turn to ask for some prayers from you all. For those that don't know, I'm 41 and I have two small kids. After a mammogram, a follow up mammogram and two biopsies, yesterday I was told I have breast cancer. The really good news in all of this is that it is non-invasive right now and they caught it very early. The doctors believe with a lumpectomy and some radiation they will get it all and I will be fine. I do believe that's true, but obviously the "c" word is never a good word to hear (especially on a Friday afternoon). I will say though, that as I have been going through this, I had three friends at work tell me they had been putting off their mammograms and after seeing what I was going through, they scheduled them. My mom has been in shock because there is absolutely no history of this in our family. I just told her that there isn't a history until there is! And my SIL is flipping out because I breast-fed both my kids and that is supposed to lower your risk! So, if nothing else, if there is anyone else out there who probably needs to schedule one and has been putting it off for one reason or another, please consider scheduling it. Given that I have young kids, I am very grateful that this was discovered early and there is essentially a 100% survival rate. Oh, and if I'm really lucky, I might get a boob job or a boob lift out of this paid for by the insurance company!!
    Punkin, AmyKay and Debb70 like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

KatesMom, I went from crying when I read this news to laughing at your last sentence. I firmly believe that prayer and a positive attitude are crucial when dealing with life's challenges. You've got the attitude, and I'm sending up the prayers.
    Punkin, AmyKay and KatesMom like this.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, KatesMom. Try to keep up the positive attitude, and I am so thankful for you that you caught it early.
    KatesMom likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'll definitely keep you in my prayers, KatesMom. I'm sorry you are going through this, but early detection is key and you have an excellent prognosis. I remember getting my first mammo around the age of 40, 41, as we had no family history of breast cancer, either. Imagine my shock when they had to do a sonogram, and then a breast biopsy. Fortunately, for me, it was not cancerous, but that wasn't a great first experience with a mammogram. I go every October, which is breast cancer awareness month. It sounds like you have a positive attitude, which will serve you well.

cablejockey and KatesMom like this.

Kate'sMom - 9 years ago, exactly, I was in your shoes. My friends here at FORT were so supportive. One even took the day off work and drove me to chemo. Yes, it is scary. But you will put one foot in front of the other and get through it. The main thing is that it was caught early and is non-invasive. I had also breast fed my 3 kids and thought the same thing. I also had no history of it in my family, although last year my mom was diagnosed and treated. I'm happy for you that they are not talking about chemo. That was the worst part of it all. Radiation will make you tired. Let them know immediately if you get a skin burn. Other than that it is nothing. You go in, lie down for a few minutes, get up and go home. I would be happy to answer any questions you have. If they're just doing a lumpectomy, I don't think you will get a boob job out of it. Sorry about that.
    Attitude is everything! Cancer was my kick-start to eating healthfully and exercising. I don't know if you swim, but after you get the all-clear from your doctors (after all the treatment) it really helps to stretch out the scar tissue and get your range of motion back if you have any issues with that.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread