+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2020Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Not to worry you more, but on 9-11 all the airports were closed down - borders, too. I don't know if that will happen in London, but do prepare yourself that she may not be able to get out. Let us know when you are all safely together away from it all.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    geek the girl, I'm glad your little sister is okay. That must have been a real scare for you and your family. I hope she will be with the people that love her the most soon.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I'm so glad your sister is okay, Geek. I'm worried about my best friends, who are in the UK right now.

Wow I just heard of the London situation today, I planned on going to England this Monday for a wedding and my mom has family in England I hope they are all right

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    God, I'm pitiful. I'm not posting this.
    I'm glad you did. I don't have any words of support but from one mother to another here is a big cyber hug. Stay strong. Things have a way of working out.

Good news on your sister, geek the girl.
    Hoping for all the best for your friends, Mantenna

(News on American citizens overseas can be obtained by calling the State Department - Bureau of Consular Affairs at (888) 407-4747)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    I'm so glad your sister is okay, Geek. I'm worried about my best friends, who are in the UK right now.
    So sorry about your friends, Mantenna. Having gone through the same with my sister today, I know exactly how you feel. I'm sure they're okay, though. Keep us updated.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna

Manny, I hope your friends are okay. Please keep us posted. I will be praying for their safety
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    wow. tough times for everyone. hope all is well and my thoughts are with all of you that have posted in the last 40 posts

*Hugs to Manny and Geek*

Ok, sensitive story ahead: When I was a teen I left home because my mothers boyfriend had always been abusive with me. My boss suspected and allowed me to live with him rent free for the summer so I could save to move *also, it was better than losing his main employee* So anyway that summer My boss had to visit his family for several days and did not feel comfortable with me being alone in his house. So I told him I would stay with a friend. Well, I was young and had never been physically intimate with a boy before. The "friend" who's couch I stayed on for lack of a better word Molested me in my sleep and then wrote me a letter telling me about how great it was. He quickly became my EX friend! He was I believe, 2 possibly 3 years older than me.

Fast Foreward almost 6 years... My 20 year old sister is now DATING him, even tho she knows how I feel and why. She told me over the phone "No offense but, at least he didn't do anything serious...and frankly from what I hear, you were asking for it" the Clincher? He has another girlfriend at college who is 6 months pregnant with his baby. And my sister KNOWS about that too! Classy Girl.

OK. I needed to vent that. She is not on my favorite people list right now.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread