+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 1227 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122621125121012 ... LastLast
Like Tree1656Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

dinahann, I'm glad I could help give you perspective. My watchword is "acceptance" - I tend to accept a lot in life.

Mudah and Pansygirl, you had me rolling on the floor! Reminds me so much of the past right after my divorce and my kids and I were living in this old house that had a cistern for a septic system. It was 25 ft deep, so by the time the waste got to the top where the pipe went out into the yard(aka leechbed), it was so hard and solid that the co. emptying it out needed a long two by four to bust it up enough to suck it out! The owners said that they had never had any problems before...but they had only rented to one person, rather than 4. I have to admit that I am a handle juggler, but have not yet resorted to using the ear on the faucet yet...does it really work?

famita the ear to the faucet only works for my husband..........

We know the plumber so maybe if this should happen to just turn into an ear thing then he will cut us some slack.......
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Muduh, no I haven't "met" Scott. But I have something else to add. As for the silent treatment-I feel it's a control issue. And I have always hated being on the receiving end and don't believe in being on the giving end. Hope you can boost yourself up. Don't you hate when that happens?

pansygirl, keep me posted about the ear to the faucet-your hubby might even see about a patent!

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    Muduh, no I haven't "met" Scott.
    So, famita, how you doin'?

Unklescott, consider yourself winked back at!

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysluggo
    It's my turn to throw a self-pity party. I wanna move out of my dad's house so badly, but I'm not making enough money. I really don't wanna get into specifics, but I'm falling apart emotionally.
    i've been reading the rants on your livejournal.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Pansygirl and Muduh,
    The two of you had me I do have to say that if it turns out to be something serious you'd be surprised what strange things are sometimes covered by homeowner's insurance. I really stretched myself financially to buy my townhouse in May 1997. In January 1998, my neighbor in the front unit(there are only three of us) called to say that there appeared to be ummm sewage in our front yard. It turned out the side sewer line from our building to the street had broken. We were staring at splitting a bill of $18,000 between the three units. Luckily, it turned out our condo association policy covered all of it except for the city permit to dig up about three feet of sidewalk in front of the building. Unfortunately, the permit cost $9,000. Nothing like borrowing against your credit card.

I know a lot of you have worse troubles than me, but I'm still going to vent.
    I was awakened this morning by a crash in the street outside. I peeked out to see what looked like a car accident, so I went out. Turns out some girl fell asleep driving and hit four -- FOUR -- parked cars on the street. Somehow she hit the last one in such a way as to flip it UP on its side. That was not mine, thankfully. Mine was the first one she hit, and is now missing the driver's side mirror, some trim, and a good bit of paint. Also, the door is dented in, and I don't know if it's fixable without replacing it. I can drive it, thank goodness, and this morning I wasn't terribly upset because it'll be HER insurance, and because I was looking at three totaled cars and felt pretty lucky by comparison.
    But now I'm starting to get angry, and to worry about my door, and to realize that even though it wasn't my fault, if I ever sell this car I'll have to say it was in an accident, especially if the door has to be replaced. This car is only a year old! I just bought it last August!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Ahh, Lucy - that sucks. And hitting even ONE car didn't wake the woman up?

I'm glad you are ok, tho. That's the main thing.

+ Reply to Thread