+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1565Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

So sorry for your loss
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

My daughter in law got a tattoo this evening. I think it's well done. When thinking about regretful tattoo's I don't think this will be one.
    Taylor's Tatoo.jpg
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I love the tat. She will never forget her little baby boy . . . and carrying a memorial on her body is a very sweet idea.

Oh, the little feet. They made me gasp. That's so precious..no, she will never regret that.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm not a fan of tattoos, but that one is touching & lovely. Definitely not something she'd ever regret.
    The old stick-in-the-mud lady fully approves.
    CantGetNuf and spockwhat like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Seeing that tat, I completely lost it.

What a beautiful, everlasting tribute.

CantGetNuf, my heart, thoughts and prayers are with Michael, you and yours.

Hugs, my friend.
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Man I just can't thank all of you enough. All of you have been so wonderful. I'm so sorry this is so sad. As much as I love and appreciate your sympathy I feel kind of guilty that it has affected some of you in such a way.

Fanny Mare The feet are Michael's actual foot prints. A friend of hers did the tattoo for her and when she told him what she was picturing he drew feet. Then when she gave him a copy of Michael's feet print he made the tattoo from the copy. So they are exactly his feet.
    So I told my husband that I was going to get a tattoo of the grandkids names and birthdates on my back. But to make it fun I'm going to put them where I can read them in the mirror. So the joke will always be I had to get the tattoo to remember the birthdates. Sad thing is, it's probably what I'll need to do. lol!
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

CGN -

I read somewhere that having friends can multiply your joy and divide your pain. Threads like this seem to prove that we have friends who we've never met in real life. You don't need to apologize to your friends.

FORT Fogey

I attended a restraining order clinic. One woman, who had an arm in a cast, said something about her half-sister. When the lawyer who ran the clinic left the room, I asked the woman if her half-sister did that to her. (I wasn't sure if I heard it right). She said "yes." The lawyer said that the people could talk to each other about their cases... so after the clinic was over, I asked the woman what had happened and what type of relationship she had with her sister. She said that her mother worried if her sister had enough food, so when she brought food to her sister, she also fixed the TV's antenna. She said that she took the remote, but her sister grabbed it out of her hand. Her arm then broke during the fight which continued. The woman said that her sister was on drugs and took methadone.

I briefly talked to the lawyer before I talked to the woman with the broken arm. The lawyer said that he was an only child. I told him about the stalking, but I didn't mention that my sister had previously abandoned me. I've talked to other only children, who think that having siblings means someone to play with as children, and relate to. I don't think those who are only children can really understand the harm that siblings can cause.

Also, I found out that the order to the respondent, (for a permanent restraining order), can only be served if the judge grants the temporary restraining order. If the judge doesn't grant the order, the respondent never knows that someone had filed an order against them. (I thought that even if the order wasn't granted, my sister would at least have been served with papers). If she won't even know about it, why even file the order?

The lawyer said that I would not likely be granted the order. Three of the people attending the clinic, including the woman with the broken arm, said I should file the order.

I am truly sorry that you have such a contentious relationship with your sibling, and I don't know anything about your story. You've been asked about it and have answered that you already explained it, but some of us were not on this thread when you did, so I, for one, am still mystified at what the conflict and "stalking" are all about. You have no responsibility to repeat your troubling experience on this thread, but I haven't a clue what your problem is.
    I've talked to other only children, who think that having siblings means someone to play with as children, and relate to. I don't think those who are only children can really understand the harm that siblings can cause.
    I think that the majority of us who have siblings find that they are our best friends throughout our lives, as we have shared an upbringing and parents. It may not be fair for you to tell those who have no siblings that having siblings is a bad thing just because of your own experience. I love my sisters and have had no adverse experiences that would take away from the lifelong benefit of having loving siblings to share our lives with. Your experience is not universal and to tell folks who have no siblings that it is all bad does not relate what most of us have experienced. Like I said, I have no idea what your experience was and is, but to denigrate the loving connection most of us have with our siblings is totally unfair. You should understand that your experience is yours alone.

+ Reply to Thread