+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1554Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Punkin, this is just a very sad story. It all does make sense though. It seems your sister has had some form of an eating disorder for a long time. They are very difficult to treat from what I have seen. Sometimes people get obsessed with certain foods and they cannot seem to let them go. I have a family member who is focued on bread and margarine. They know margarine is not healthy, because they have talked about it, but they continue to consume large amounts of it, along with bread everyday. It's like a drug to them. They have given it up for periods of time, but always go back to it. Without therapy, I'm not sure what the answer is.

Can your sister get dental implants? I've read of special plans on tv that make them affordable. And sometimes dental schools will allow you to get on a list and they provide the service free as part of their training of dentists. Just an idea. Still, it looks like your sister could get a good amount of nutrition from nutritional shakes, soft food, etc. until she can get teeth.

I wish you all the best.
    Punkin and Kip like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My dear Punkin Pie....................what a mess.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Oh, Punkin, I don't have much to offer besides a virtual hug. It's so frustrating when someone doesn't want to help themselves. No matter what kind of addiction issue, or other mental issue, until someone decides that they want to change, there's nothing to do except keep trying to get through, and hoping that sometime, something you say will finally resonate with her.
    Punkin and beerbelly like this.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I wish people understood how the decisions that they make concerning their lives effect the people who love them. I believe that they suffer from some type of mental illness that prevents them from seeing and responding to our care and love. I'm glad that you have sister's and that you can all support each other. Hugs to you Punkin and your family.
    Punkin and beerbelly like this.

I think we've just got to learn to realize and accept what is about us and what is strictly about them. Some things you just can't do anything about, except be determined to live YOUR best life. I certainly couldn't dwell on it, or I'd lose my mind. I'd say love them but let them have their life and know that you are not responsible.
    Punkin, pikachu and inthegarden like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Punkin, that's very sad, for all of you. It may have spurred some family members to take much better care of themselves than they might have.
    Punkin, prhoshay and inthegarden like this.

I drove through an intersection today that minutes later had a terrible fatal accident. While I feel so grateful that my luck and timing were good, I am sad for those involved. It was a busy intersection at 4:30 in the afternoon right in front of a high school.
    Punkin, Kip and Debb70 like this.

I narrowly missed being in a horrible accident when someone ran a red light as I was entering the intersection a couple weeks ago. Times like these make you think... if I had waited another few seconds to clear my windshield, or pet a cat before I left, things would be completely different now. Glad you're safe
    Cootie likes this.
    Count your blessings!

The really scary thing, I think, is that you successfully getting through that intersection was actually beyond your control! I could see that realization putting me to be for the rest of the evening. Wow.
    cablejockey and Cootie like this.

OMG, Cootie. How frightening. It makes us realize how fragile life is. Thank goodness you are safe.
    Cootie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread