+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Wow, livin4reality, I am so sorry to read of the loss of your husband. My thoughts are with you and hope that you can gradually form your new life. You do need to take time to heal from your loss.

livin4reality, the depth of your love is palpable. What a sweetheart you were to bring the world to him. I'm so sorry.

I'm so sorry for your loss, livin4reality. Please know that there are people here who care about you.

Having suffered a devastating loss last year (although not the same as yours), I can tell you that it is possible to go on. It's never the same, but it will get better. I'm sure your husband wouldn't have wanted you to curl up hide from the world. Even though it's hard, you CAN get through this and get to a place where you can actually be happy again. In the meantime, be kind to yourself and just let yourself feel what you're feeling.....but lean on the people who care about you!
    Last edited by Critical; 03-19-2014 at 11:46 AM.
    Punkin, Ellen, Yardgnome and 2 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well said, Critical.
    Critical and inthegarden like this.
    Count your blessings!

For both Pikachu & livin4reality:
    I'm sorry for both of your losses & for the circumstances you're dealing with. I wish there was a magic fix-it to get over troubles, losses & pain in our lives, but there's not.
    Just keep moving forward. It's what your loved one(s) would want for you.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I am so sorry for your loss livin4reality. It is not often I can deeply feel the emotion poured into a post, but I felt that from your post about your husband. I hope that time brings you the gift of finding solace in the happy memories of your time with him.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss pikachu. I had a loss recently too.

My husband died in Febuary. It was very sudden but not unexpected. I'd been his caregiver for the past 10 years. I brought the world to him and we built our place in this world together. We shared so much emotional intimacy together. He was always here when I came home from work. The house is empty now and I am completely lost without my baby. I don't have him to hold me, to kiss me and laugh with over all the silly things that life is.

The past two years I've had several really hard losses. But he was always here to help me through them. My rock is gone. Now at 52 I have to completely change my life. My present is gone. I don't know if I have it in me to move on. I walk around in a complete fog. It is so hard to feel much, I'm afraid if I did feel the grief would swallow me.
    This is beautiful. You obviously found great love in eachother; you were very lucky to have one another. My condolences on your loss.
    Kip and Gutmutter like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PIkachu and Livin4reality, I'm so sorry for your losses. Your post really brought tears to my eyes, Livin4reality, it was beautiful. I hope you are able to find some peace in the knowledge that you obviously shared a deep love.

Pikachu, going at a later date to see your Grandpa would be a lovely idea. Hopefully you can make it happen without involving that cousin at all. What she did was really inexcusable.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Going later will also allow you both to have each other's undivided attention. Just imagine the conversations you can have. Much better.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Pikachu and livin4reality, I am so sorry for both of your losses. I came on here to post about my issues and I realized I'm actually lucky because my dad is still alive. He was admitted to the ICU in Florida yesterday. He has critically low salt levels. The doctor said he had never seen levels this low on someone who wasn't dead! They are slowly bringing his levels back up (they have to introduce the saline slowly and bring his levels up over about 4 days). The immediate risk is actually death (about a 1 in 5 chance), or severe brain damage. I am taking it hour by hour right now. 24 hours later he does appear to be moving in the right direction. The real issue is determining what caused it (his levels were normal in December) and once they get the levels back up, whether he can stabilize and maintain it. So if any of you have any extra prayers, they would be appreciated!
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread