+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

So sorry to hear this sad news about your grandmother Pikiachu.

Sorry for your loss Pikachu. Have safe travels and may the time spent with your family bring you peace.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

So very sorry for your loss, Picachu. I know your presence will be a great comfort to your grandfather and the rest of your family.

Pikachu, I've just returned to the boards and saw your post about your grandmother. It's such sad news. I'm sorry for you and your family. I will be thinking of you and sending you good thoughts. I pray you have a safe trip and are able to gain comfort from being with your family. Please let us know how things go.

Pikachou, I'm so sorry for your loss. Treasure every minute you get to spend with your grandfather. I sounds like your grandparents had a long life together. Help your family celebrate your grandmother's long life and be happy she did not have to endure a prolonged period of suffering. Hugs to you. We will miss you when you are away.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I'm so sorry for your loss, pikachu.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm sorry for your loss pikachu. Have a safe trip. I'm glad you will get to spend time with your granddad and the rest of your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Well, my plans got turned all upside down.

My cousin sent me a message that she and her dad are NOT going to be able to accomodate us as originally planned. I called my dad to get his advice on what I should do and we both agreed that I wouldn't be able to afford a hotel for Tuesday through Saturday + transportation + food. I had checked the Delta Airlines website and they said you had until midnight the day after you bought your tickets to get a refund so I cancelled my flight so my dad could get his money back.

I'm so disappointed in my cousin and her dad. Really? They don't have a couch we could crash on, an air bed, sleeping bags?? I can't believe with all the family we have in Iowa no one can put us up for a few days.

Ah, well. That's the way it goes sometimes. I'll remember this if my cousin ever asks ME for anything. And I'm not going to worry about getting her a gift for her baby shower.

Don't get me wrong. It's not that I feel entitled to stay with them. It just irks me that I voiced my concerns about where I would stay and how I would get around and they assured me they had that covered. Then they tell me at the last minute they're not going to be able to help. Thank god they didn't wait until I was in Iowa before telling me!!

I would be disappointed as well. We have had out of town company for funerals and no room - but heck we just made room. Like you said air beds and couches. I am so sorry Pikachu
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Awww, pikachu . . .

I'm so, SO sorry.

A grandmother's life and love is so special in a magical, unexplainable way. I feel your pain. Truly, I do.

Please know and believe that.

Your cousin and her dad?

She sent you a message???

Didn't even CALL YOU WITH A REASONABLE EXPLANATION????

My God.

What GOES around, COMES around, and their day is coming.

You are in my deepest thoughts and prayers, sweetie.

I'm SO sorry.

ness
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread