+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1545Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Thank you all. I did go to my principal and gave her a heads up. I learned that all of the 8th grade teachers are just through with this girl. She is trouble from the moment she steps foot in the building. I didn't hear anything new today on that, but there was a BIG fight right outside my room as the students were dismissing for the day/weekend. I mean the 8th grade boy was ready to KILL the sped kid he was chasing. An elderly teacher had him in a restraining hold from behind and he dragged her the whole length of the hall. When the sped kid got to the stairs and found them blocked by exiting third floor students, he tried to climb the railing to jump over down to the entryway (from the 2nd floor). Luckily he fell back and I was back from calling the office and was able to physically place myself between the assaulter (with the other teacher still restraining him) and the kid on the floor. The principal arrived about then and the kid kicked a trash can right behind my back. It sounded like a gun shot. Several teachers told me later they thought I had been shot. So yeah. I've started drinking and have felt on the verge of tears since I got home.
    WOW!!! Teachers definitely don't get paid enough! Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way Gutmutter. Have a serene and restful weekend.
    Punkin, JLuvs and Debb70 like this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thank you, Lil Bit. I got a good night's sleep with a little help from my friend, Margarita. Now I'm ready to make the weekend all about ME.
    Punkin, Brooks, Critical and 3 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I mentioned in another thread that my grandma hasn't been well. I got word today that she has died.

At first, I wasn't going to go to Iowa for the funeral but it was nagging on my mind so I've decided I will go. I haven't visited my family there since my mom died and my grandpa is still alive. He's 91 so this might be my last chance to see him.

I'll be leaving Tuesday morning and coming back Saturday afternoon. I have relatives to stay with in Iowa.

I'm glad that my grandma is not suffering. I'll miss her terribly but cherish the time I did get to spend with her.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

I am deeply sorry for your loss. Travel safe.
    There's no place like home!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm so very sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing, Pikachu. A grandmother's love is very special, indeed. I am glad you will have the opportunity to see your dear grandfather and other family members. Wishing you a safe trip.

296502-7920-23.jpg

Ahh Pikachu, I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandma. I'm glad you are going to see your grandfather and hope that the trip brings back good memories of your grandma and your mom.

So sorry for the loss of your grandmother pikachu.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Condolences, pikachu. I trust the time with your family will help each one of you deal with this loss.

Oh, I am so very sorry pikachu. I am glad you are seeing your grandfather. Safe travels
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I know you were thinking of trying to see her, but I'm glad you're going for the funeral. I was in Africa when my father died with no way to get back in time. Those kind of "rituals" are deeply important. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread