+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I agree. Since she now has her potty chair, I may give her the big girl panties immediately, along with a CD that has a song about potty training. Jenny from Flipping Out has one. It's so cute.

Last week I had bus duty and enforced the rule that girls aren't supposed to gather unsupervised in the locker room. There were 20-25 girls at a time in there, which is against the rules to start with, and the week before there had been a fight. I complained to the principal about the verbal abuse I took just trying to do my job, and the locker room is now closed completely during that 10 minute period of time. So yesterday one of the 8th grade girls (anyone will tell you she's pure evil) told the teacher who has bus duty this week that I "kicked in the door" when another girl was going to the bathroom. Nothing even remotely like that happened and I am in shock. Luckily the teacher she told that to is a friend of mine and on our team. She just brushed the girl off, but now I'm freaking out. That's how lives are ruined. Should I request a meeting with the principal and the girl I supposedly kicked the door in on (bypassing the girl who made the false accusation) or just let it go and hope it never goes further? I'm already losing sleep over it.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Last week I had bus duty and enforced the rule that girls aren't supposed to gather unsupervised in the locker room. There were 20-25 girls at a time in there, which is against the rules to start with, and the week before there had been a fight. I complained to the principal about the verbal abuse I took just trying to do my job, and the locker room is now closed completely during that 10 minute period of time. So yesterday one of the 8th grade girls (anyone will tell you she's pure evil) told the teacher who has bus duty this week that I "kicked in the door" when another girl was going to the bathroom. Nothing even remotely like that happened and I am in shock. Luckily the teacher she told that to is a friend of mine and on our team. She just brushed the girl off, but now I'm freaking out. That's how lives are ruined. Should I request a meeting with the principal and the girl I supposedly kicked the door in on (bypassing the girl who made the false accusation) or just let it go and hope it never goes further? I'm already losing sleep over it.
    Wow, Gut. I can't even imagine. I've always said teenage girls are 100 times worse than boys. Boys just clobber each other. Girls are really nasty and devious. Don't you just want to turn the hose on the lot of them?

As far as the lie, I'd get ahead of this thing right now. Talk to the principal, the girl, the parents, whoever you need to. The girl who lied about you should be put on notice as well. Are there support systems in place to protect YOU? It's really awful that one snotty girl could ruin someone's career. Those sorts of things DO happen and the crying wolf thing makes it harder for the kids who actually have something like that happen to them. Little brat should be ashamed of herself.....and I say that knowing that kids that age rarely have any shame.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Gut, I'm so sorry you're going through this. It was a stupid complaint (why in the world would you kick that door in...?) so that should help. Perhaps she's threatened other teachers or staff as well. Is there any mechanism to flesh out something like that? Perhaps other teachers were afraid of speaking up but might if others have a similar story about the girl.
    prhoshay and Kip like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I agree with wanting/calling a meeting. No sitting back and holding your breath, waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. You'll feel better if you can take some control. Work on taking your power back, understanding that it may require calling the liar in. Once somebody thinks you are afraid, they will treat you like you are at THEIR mercy.

Hell-to-the-no.
    Kip likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    If I were in that situation (I was, sort of, in a CS situation in a business I became aware of a potential complaint which was not my fault, but I would've been easiest to blame), I'd give a heads up to my superiors and explain the situation before the perps had the opportunity to tell lies about me.
    Kip likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Thank you all. I did go to my principal and gave her a heads up. I learned that all of the 8th grade teachers are just through with this girl. She is trouble from the moment she steps foot in the building. I didn't hear anything new today on that, but there was a BIG fight right outside my room as the students were dismissing for the day/weekend. I mean the 8th grade boy was ready to KILL the sped kid he was chasing. An elderly teacher had him in a restraining hold from behind and he dragged her the whole length of the hall. When the sped kid got to the stairs and found them blocked by exiting third floor students, he tried to climb the railing to jump over down to the entryway (from the 2nd floor). Luckily he fell back and I was back from calling the office and was able to physically place myself between the assaulter (with the other teacher still restraining him) and the kid on the floor. The principal arrived about then and the kid kicked a trash can right behind my back. It sounded like a gun shot. Several teachers told me later they thought I had been shot. So yeah. I've started drinking and have felt on the verge of tears since I got home.
    Punkin and Kip like this.
    Count your blessings!

((((Gutmutter)))) It's really good you reported yesterday's event, and I'm sure a relief to know it's just part of a lengthy list that at least the principal is already aware of. I hope you have a relaxing weekend and find a way to treat yourself.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Cry and get it out.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm doing my best... I don't cry easily (been through too much) but I'm trying loosen myself up with a couple of margaritas. 2/3 of my cats have been hanging by my side. They know.
    Punkin likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread