+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1680Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Pikachu, I don't have any advice to add beyond what others have said. I've been there too and it really sucks. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, but I know that doesn't mean much when you are in it! Mostly I just wanted to respond that I feel for you and am thinking about you. I fully believe you are one of the good ones out there and there are good things in store for you. I know that doesn't necessarily help much, but I truly believe in karma and that the universe rights things in time. Some of my worst experiences - when I look back now on where I am today and how things could have gone differently if I didn't have those negative things - well, I can see the hidden blessing. Just a small example - I had a miscarriage. At the time, I wanted to be a mother so bad and it seemed like the worst thing that could happen. I was really angry because people all around me were getting pregnant. Three months later I got pregnant again and had my daughter. She is truly the light of my world . . . and if I had carried that first baby to term, I wouldn't have Kate, and I can't imagine my life without Kate. So while I will always mourn for the baby girl that I lost - things worked out in the end exactly the way they were supposed to for me.
    Punkin, Ellen, Kip and 4 others like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I thought I wss allowed to post in this thread. So why are my last two posts GONE?

Well I've had those dreams I talked about again. This time, they were a lot more upsetting than the night before. About relationships I know I'll never have.

And I'm still mad.

JohnnyK, it seems like you're having more bad days than good days. I think there are a number of us who are feeling at a loss as to how to help you. That's not to say that your situation is hopeless! It's just that we aren't there and we can't see how you're living, how you are interacting with family and friends, how you are eating, how professional of a doctor you have, etc. Would you say that the people you are surrounding yourself with are loving and supportive? Do you feel like they are going on with their lives while you are stuck in a rut? If so, don't translate that into feeling that they don't love you. They're just demonstrating to you that the healthy thing for all of us to do is to find some enjoyment in everyday life. Please follow their lead and all of our suggestions and find some fun things to do, like when you went to that comedy club! Mini little adventures out will accumulate and eventually give you a sense of peace, and you'll start sleeping better, too. Right now your mind is just full of all of your worries. We've all had points in our lives when that has happened but you shouldn't let it continue. Call someone up and ask if they'll accompany you to something fun - maybe an indoor batting cage - a restaurant that has big screen TVs and/or game machines - something, anything, just to break up the monotony of life's woes.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I still feel depressed. I just had a doctor visit yesterday for a routine checkup and bloodwork. Unfortunately, I didn't think to bring up the issue with my doctor then. I'm not sure if there's anything she could do for it besides give me medicine or recommend counseling. I might have to try one of those if this keeps up. I've done counseling before and didn't find it very helpful and I sure don't need the expense of being on medication. I'm really hoping that I can get out of this on my own but it sure is taking it's time to pass.
    Punkin likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I still feel depressed. I just had a doctor visit yesterday for a routine checkup and bloodwork. Unfortunately, I didn't think to bring up the issue with my doctor then. I'm not sure if there's anything she could do for it besides give me medicine or recommend counseling. I might have to try one of those if this keeps up. I've done counseling before and didn't find it very helpful and I sure don't need the expense of being on medication. I'm really hoping that I can get out of this on my own but it sure is taking it's time to pass.
    Me too. I was in such a funk over Christmas and a little before. I am on a very low dose of medication, and the person closest to me, who puts up with me, my hubby -says he sees the difference. I feel different, it nice to bring some of the old me back into my life. Depression is a nasty thing, unless you have had it, its so hard to explain, and everyone is different..big hugs from me to you.
    Punkin and Ellen like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

St. John's Wort is good for elevating one's mood and you can buy it at a drug store or health food store.....no prescription required.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Take good care of yourself, sweetie. No one knows what good surprise waits just around the next corner, or the one after that. I think we've all been there at times in our lives, and then when you'd least expect it........ a serendipitous opportunity will change your mood and your life. Hang in, expecting that moment, and likely it will come.

Kisses and hugs to you, Pikachu!

Lynda
    JohnnyK and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    St. John's Wort is good for elevating one's mood and you can buy it at a drug store or health food store.....no prescription required.
    It didn't help me shay, if there is a chemical imbalance I don't think this helps. (jmho ) and I am one that hates medication
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't have a clue.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I wish I could contribute to this conversation in a way that could help you, but I know that anyone who hasn't had depression can't truly fathom it. I do hope you can find a way through this. I will Tonglen for you.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread