+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1778Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Pikachu, it is certainly no fun to be turned down for jobs. Many of us have been passed over for jobs we are qualified for. It hurts, especially if the person who got the job has no experience working on the primary focus of the job. I have a coworker who is very capable seek full time jobs for the last three years and while she does well, she has been passed over time and time again due to that dept always choosing someone who is predetermined to get the job or maybe someone who is younger and prettier (I hate that I am even saying that, but I know has happened).

At any rate, FORT is a good place to vent because we can offer sympathy and maybe some advice? My advice would be to try to make at least a little change in your daily life to change things up? I don't know what type of career you are looking for or what kind of time you have, but maybe volunteering somewhere just to make contact with new people? Or join in with others who do a hobby you might like - art, hiking, book club? My personal therapy lately has been to get as many things out of my house that I am not using. It is liberating! I can thank reality tv hoarding shows for the influence they have had on me about hanging on to stuff. I am not a hoarder, but after living in this house for 24 years, there are things just taking up space. It is giving me a fresh outlook.

I hope you are feeling better soon. And that your social circle and job possibilities open up around you.
    pikachu likes this.

(((pikachu))) We may be cyber but we can send you good wishes that are real. You're one of the really good people. I hope something breaks for you soon.
    pikachu likes this.

Thinking of you and sending good wishes, Pikachu.
    pikachu likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Hey Pikachu,
    So sorry to hear what happened. It has to be difficult. I am familiar with some of the things you describe and it's not pleasant. Life does seem so unfair at times. I know people with well paying jobs who don't seem to have any of the skills necessary for their jobs. I don't get it. It's so unfair. The only thing I can think of is to keep trying. Eventually, you will be at the right place at the right time. You sound like a very smart woman with so much to offer. I'm glad you post here, as you encourage me.
    Ellen and pikachu like this.

Hugs pikachu.
    pikachu likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

The only thing I can add is this: Having been through a major depression and some of the same job frustrations you've written about, I fully believe that those who haven't gone through some bad times don't have as much appreciation for the good times when they come. You will have something to look back on that will make your good times feel that much better.

And I hope the turnaround comes soon for you. We ARE here for you!! And some of our virtual friends can be more supportive than the people we know in real life. I love the internet for its potential to expand our circle of people who care.
    Punkin and pikachu like this.

I wondered where you had been Pikachu. You are missed when you are not around. I understand depression, the time of year, etc. I also under virtual friends vs. real friends, you can however vent to us as if we were in the same room. I cant offer much more than what has already been said, but I send you a virtual hug .Can you take a small trip away? we save up for our trips, things don't seem quite so bad on our return..
    FM
    pikachu likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Pikachu, it seems like you are always helping others and that's great. I do hope you treat yourself too. You deserve it.
    pikachu likes this.

pikachu I'm sorry you are feeling down. Hugs to you.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 01-28-2014 at 02:06 PM.

pikachu, I feel sad that you feel sad. See what you've done?

You seem like a genuinely nice person. I hope tons of good things start coming your way.
    pikachu likes this.

+ Reply to Thread