+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Talk about your troubles

I think it can be harder to learn to forgive YOURSELF than anything else. I've got to forgive myself for MY choice.

Another thing I've learned is that, at the end of life's road, should your parent apologize to you and ask your forgiveness for the unintentional mistakes they made with you, the pain of the mistakes seem to vanish....like *poof!* It's amazing, really.
    Kip and pikachu like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think it can be harder to learn to forgive YOURSELF than anything else. I've got to forgive myself for MY choice.

Another thing I've learned is that, at the end of life's road, should your parent apologize to you and ask your forgiveness for the unintentional mistakes they made with you, the pain of the mistakes seem to vanish....like *poof!* It's amazing, really.
    I think its very hard to do. I have said sorry many times( sometimes not always sure of what) and all was not forgiven. I have gently closed the door on that part of my life.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    In my present right now, I still struggle with people both involved in my personal life and those who are not.

Like the management of the building I live in.

They are very much useless. And have been for years.

We need our windows fixed

No.

We need someone to look at our fridge

No.

Our neighbors are causing trouble.

No.

Never.
    Now, I was obviously angry when I made this post.

But the thing is, we do what we can. We did our part. I can't physically replace a window by myself. That's what those staffers are for, no? Or at least, that's what they should be for.

Now, I was obviously angry when I made this post.

But the thing is, we do what we can. We did our part. I can't physically replace a window by myself. That's what those staffers are for, no? Or at least, that's what they should be for.
    I'd be angry, too. But I'd do something about it.
    Kip had good advice upthread:
    Is there a tenant's aid society where you live? I'm not sure they'd be able to help with noise issue, but they could help with legally withholding rent money for the refrigerator and windows and putting it into an escrow account.
    That -- or something similar, depending on landlord/tenant laws where you live -- would be a great first step in actively taking control of the situation.
    famita likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think its very hard to do. I have said sorry many times( sometimes not always sure of what) and all was not forgiven. I have gently closed the door on that part of my life.
    I don't apologize unless I really mean it. I'm not a fan of empty words or empty sentiments.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't apologize unless I really mean it. I'm not a fan of empty words or empty sentiments.
    Well, that why we are all different. I might not have worded it correctly, but never did I feel my sentiments were empty.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    You are a very strong person FM. Maybe one day she will see that life can be lived happily. That is my wish for her.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    You are a very strong person FM. Maybe one day she will see that life can be lived happily. That is my wish for her.
    Yes, it's my wish for her as well inthegarden, thank you. I would like to think I will be part of it, but that's okay- as long she finds happy. She will be 40 next year, she has wasted a lot of time
    inthegarden likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

All I'll say is that I lost my only friend (he gave up on me) and have lost all hope. That's all. Don't feel like explaining more.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

All I'll say is that I lost my only friend (he gave up on me) and have lost all hope. That's all. Don't feel like explaining more.
    JohnnyK, You may have temporarily lost hope - but hope still exists - and you WILL find it again.

Maybe in time you will be able to repair the relationship with your friend. But, if not, other people will come into your life.

+ Reply to Thread