+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    This is a long tale .... and I have no knack for making it short but I'll try.

I have a loved one with a health condition and life situations who has requested extra, extra prayers.

She is a little "older" and works two jobs. The health concerns are affecting her ability to work and pay bills and she is filled with anxiety.

She is hoping for an outcome that levels things out ... but there is a lot of uncertainty.

She is not married, but has a couple of pets. Her adult daughter lives out of state and her adult son is close by but has similar health problems and a recent loss of employment limits his ability to help . Of course, this magnifies the stress for the whole family.

She specifically asked for extra special prayers. I will and I am just asking you all on her behalf ... to please send up some extra prayers for her.

If you are not the praying kind ,,, then good thoughts and wishes for strength on her behalf!

Thank you all.
    Forgive me for the repeat and self quote... but the situation is not resolved. Please, please . she has asked for and we need continued prayers/thoughts.

I told her today that I have asked some wonderful people to continue to "pray hard and send good thoughts" .Thank you ... and I appreciate it ... I really do.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Absolutely Echo. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers, praying for her health and situation.

Consider it done, echo226.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Praying for your friend and her family, Echo.

You guys are all so wonderful! THANKS?

Mohandas Gandhi

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

I tend to post more on the actual reality show threads. They are "safer" from a personal involvement point of view.

Several years ago, I went through a horrible depression that kept me off work for over 8 months. Although I have - thankfully - come through it successfully, I am always aware of the triggers and the warning signs that I'm headed in that direction again. Thankfully, I've learned to acknowledge it and work through it, and have not returned to that level.

I say that to say this to folks like JohnnyK and others who feel ignored or not "included" on any internet discussion board. As much as we all feel that we have attained a certain level of friendship based on our mutual interest in reality shows, we really don't know each other. Sometimes we (I) don't comment because (a) we don't know what to say, or (b) the topic is dangerous or a "trigger" to our own emotional health. I would venture to say that it is usually NOT a case of (c) we don't care.

This place has become very special to me over the years. You have shared my good times and my bad times, and I have appreciated the opportunity to share both. But when push comes to shove, I recognize that we are all ships passing in the night. This board was here before any of us knew of it, and will probably continue to exist if/when we no longer participate. I often have to remind myself to get away from the computer and get out into the "real" world.

That's why I volunteer at my church a couple of afternoons a week; it's good for me to interact and build REAL relationships, and by doing something for someone ELSE, I am better than when I am totally focused on myself and my needs and expecting everyone else to meet those needs.
    prhoshay, Ellen, captain and 5 others like this.

I agree AZ, I find that when I volunteer I feel so much better about myself. Not only am I helping others, but I am meeting new people.

Not really looking for advice, just wanting to vent. I have a 13 year old nephew whom I cherish. When he was younger he had some behavioral issues, nothing too bad. He acted out at school a couple of times and then, in my opinion, was branded a bad kid by people at that school. They moved, started a new school and he seemed to flourish. Got involved in honors classes and the soccer team. He has seemed to me to really have matured a lot in the past year. My sister texted me last night that he "flipped out" and tried to hit her. He was obviously mad about something because he posted some choice words for his mom and soon to be stepbrother on his facebook page, but my sister wouldnt get into what happened. After the fight he left and she was so worried about where he went she got the cops involved. He eventually returned home around 11 last night (Thank God) and that is the last I have heard since then. This all seems out of the blue to me. I know I dont know everything that goes on with them, but I am pretty close to my sister and her kids. My sister just had another baby about 6 months ago, and I know times are tight for them, and her current bf/fiance isnt the best so there has been tension between them, his real dad might as well be out of the picture and these things may have led to some of my nephew's outburst. He felt like the odd one out before the bf/baby came along so Im sure it doesnt help. I have tried to make him feel that I am here for him and care for him as much as I can because of this. I wish there was something I could do, but I know he is not MY child and am trying to stay out of it. My heart is breaking because I see the potential in him and dont want him to be another kid from a broken home that gets into a life of trouble.
    Thanks for letting me get this off my chest <3
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    There are a lot of reasons for not responding to a particular post. For me the reason often is that I have nothing constructive to add. Or, I completely disagree with the post but have no desire to start an argument. Or, I do wish to respond but need to think about how to word the response without coming across as rude or argumentative or stupid. Sometimes, when that happens, life gets in the way and I forget about it. When I finally remember, either someone else has already said what I was going to say or the thread has moved on and it no longer seems relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    My thoughts EXACTLY!
    Ditto to what just1paul said! Even now I feel it might be too late to comment even that but I did.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    I agree AZ, I find that when I volunteer I feel so much better about myself. Not only am I helping others, but I am meeting new people.

Not really looking for advice, just wanting to vent. I have a 13 year old nephew whom I cherish. When he was younger he had some behavioral issues, nothing too bad. He acted out at school a couple of times and then, in my opinion, was branded a bad kid by people at that school. They moved, started a new school and he seemed to flourish. Got involved in honors classes and the soccer team. He has seemed to me to really have matured a lot in the past year. My sister texted me last night that he "flipped out" and tried to hit her. He was obviously mad about something because he posted some choice words for his mom and soon to be stepbrother on his facebook page, but my sister wouldnt get into what happened. After the fight he left and she was so worried about where he went she got the cops involved. He eventually returned home around 11 last night (Thank God) and that is the last I have heard since then. This all seems out of the blue to me. I know I dont know everything that goes on with them, but I am pretty close to my sister and her kids. My sister just had another baby about 6 months ago, and I know times are tight for them, and her current bf/fiance isnt the best so there has been tension between them, his real dad might as well be out of the picture and these things may have led to some of my nephew's outburst. He felt like the odd one out before the bf/baby came along so Im sure it doesnt help. I have tried to make him feel that I am here for him and care for him as much as I can because of this. I wish there was something I could do, but I know he is not MY child and am trying to stay out of it. My heart is breaking because I see the potential in him and dont want him to be another kid from a broken home that gets into a life of trouble.
    Thanks for letting me get this off my chest <3
    Maybe you can offer to spend some time with him / let him know you are there to talk to so he has an outlet or someone he can trust.
    AmyKay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I tend to post more on the actual reality show threads. They are "safer" from a personal involvement point of view.

Several years ago, I went through a horrible depression that kept me off work for over 8 months. Although I have - thankfully - come through it successfully, I am always aware of the triggers and the warning signs that I'm headed in that direction again. Thankfully, I've learned to acknowledge it and work through it, and have not returned to that level.

I say that to say this to folks like JohnnyK and others who feel ignored or not "included" on any internet discussion board. As much as we all feel that we have attained a certain level of friendship based on our mutual interest in reality shows, we really don't know each other. Sometimes we (I) don't comment because (a) we don't know what to say, or (b) the topic is dangerous or a "trigger" to our own emotional health. I would venture to say that it is usually NOT a case of (c) we don't care.

This place has become very special to me over the years. You have shared my good times and my bad times, and I have appreciated the opportunity to share both. But when push comes to shove, I recognize that we are all ships passing in the night. This board was here before any of us knew of it, and will probably continue to exist if/when we no longer participate. I often have to remind myself to get away from the computer and get out into the "real" world.

That's why I volunteer at my church a couple of afternoons a week; it's good for me to interact and build REAL relationships, and by doing something for someone ELSE, I am better than when I am totally focused on myself and my needs and expecting everyone else to meet those needs.
    Just so you know ... sometimes what you and others say here ...whether it is in response or just an observation, sharing, perspective or "take" on things can have a much more profound effect than we realize. So, you ARE also doing and have done something(s) for someone else right here.
    Kip, coltnlasma and AZChristian like this.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread