+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1692Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I'm pissed off again today.
    Remember ... JK ... that is better than being peed ON!
    Ellen likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Well I'm pissed off again tonight.

Remember how I said I'm not a bar person?

I was mistaken.

I'm not a people person or a group person. Period.

I don't have any real friends nor do I really intend to have any. I think I might be better off like this after all.

Oh and also, I mentioned this to someone today, but I also often feel ignored. On here. At times.

Oh and also, I mentioned this to someone today, but I also often feel ignored. On here. At times.
    You have mentioned this before and it's sad that you feel that way here.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Not by everyone. By some people. I can think of some specifics. But, whatever.

Johnny I feel that way too. I have been a member here for many years. At times I feel like my posts are being ignored. I think that's why I don't post more often. I still love it here tho. Just wanted you to know that I feel that way too, and if we do, I'm sure others do as well.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I think we all feel that way sometimes. I want you to know I appreciate each and every post of yours, JohnnyK... even when I don't agree with you.

It sounds to me like you are a bit of an introvert... recognizable as I am one too. I'm not really a people person or group person either. I have few close friends (not that I couldn't, I prefer not to) and I'm not a snob, I just really, REALLY, enjoy my alone time. This video sums up the value of introversion and how we should embrace introverts in our society. It explains how we value extroversion in our society, and how that has been taught to us our whole lives, but it's stupid. There is great power and value in being an introvert!
    Susan Cain: The power of introverts | Video on TED.com

At minute three, she mentions her hatred of bars, I had to laugh in context.

On a completely different note, prayer for friends of mine whose 2 year old son died recently. He was born with an unknown genetic disease, and the doctors never did figure it out. It was devastating for his parents, especially his mom, who spent two years of sleepless nights and gave all her hope, energy, and love to him in the two years of his life. He had fought back from the brink of death a number of times, and because of that, when his heart gave out, it was actually a shock as he was always fighting and making small improvements. They are deeply heartbroken and worn out.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Spockwhat, I will remember the family in prayer. That story is so heartbreaking. To lose a precious child is unimaginable.

My 3 year-old niece has a genetic disorder and I can imagine the constant worry that kind of condition can have on the family.

I think we all think this way sometimes. I've often thought of myself as a bit of a Thread Killer. Sometimes I post & the thread stays dead for weeks or months & even longer. It hurts a little, but I figure "what the heck" & just keep doing what I'm doing. It's better than having your posts picked apart, darned near word for word.

There are so many post in so many threads by so many people, that even if I really like a post I sometimes just read & move on to the next one.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I think we all think this way sometimes. I've often thought of myself as a bit of a Thread Killer. Sometimes I post & the thread stays dead for weeks or months & even longer. It hurts a little, but I figure "what the heck" & just keep doing what I'm doing. It's better than having your posts picked apart, darned near word for word.

There are so many post in so many threads by so many people, that even if I really like a post I sometimes just read & move on to the next one.
    I always enjoy your posts, and Johnny yours as well. I often feel a disconnect with some posters, but that's normal, we cant like everyone's POV
    JohnnyK likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread