+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1658Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Buglover, your story about your son was so touching. I'm so sorry about his loss and that of your friend. It's understandable that you seem so devastated. Have you had a physical lately? Perhaps that could be a start to make sure you're physically ready to make some changes in your life. The doctor may have some recommendations for a counselor too. My dad's doctor said that sometimes you need help to focus on the things you need to focus on for your own well being.

It's so good to see you posting though. I hope you're feeling better soon.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That is an excellent idea, bug. It would be understandable if you have been neglecting yourself for a couple of years. See your doctor!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Anyone seen a recent post from NorwIndian? I've been clicking around, but haven't seen one lately.
    I was wondering how her healing progress was going. She seems so nice & fun & has a positive outlook on her injury & healing.

Yes, everyone, we do care. Even though we may all be just names on a message board. I see all of you as people.
    Kip, echo226, spockwhat and 4 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Oh, Buglover, how your post made me cry!
    I wish I had magic words that could help you but I don't.
    I, too, lost my son....almost 8 years ago (how is that possible when it seems like yesterday?) at the age of 34. It was sudden and shocking, to say the least.
    I see others here suggesting grief groups. I think you should try to see if you can find one. We tried and just couldn't fine a "fit" but many, many do.
    I can tell you that the sharp, crushing pain never goes away and you will be startled at how deep it goes....BUT......these will lessen in time. It will always hurt badly but you learn to adjust...to go on. I felt at a crossroads at one time....do I let myself go and give up or not?
    I came to realize that there were other people who still needed me.....mostly my husband and daughter. They hurt just as badly as I did and I couldn't take myself away from them.
    I'm very sure that there are many many people who still need you in their lives. You are important to others. All of us here at FORT recognize what a special person you are.
    I can't help but feel that we go on after tragedy, because we're not "done" here with our purpose. You have a purpose but you just don't know what it is yet.
    I pray that you find some peace and I believe you will.......just give it time.
    love and hugs.
    Kip, Hyper, Lizard and 3 others like this.

I've been wondering about NorwIndian, too.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Anyone seen a recent post from NorwIndian? I've been clicking around, but haven't seen one lately.
    I was wondering how her healing progress was going. She seems so nice & fun & has a positive outlook on her injury & healing.

Yes, everyone, we do care. Even though we may all be just names on a message board. I see all of you as people.
    I have not seen one here either ... not since the end of BB >>> so I just sent her a PM recently ... and I am hoping I hear back.
    spockwhat likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

buglover, I don't have much to add to what has already been said. I know your heart is broken right now. I guess I just want to add that I hope you know that we all deal with things in different ways and you should feel no guilt with how you are dealing with it. Sometimes we need to insulate and the suffering will cause us to only exist for a while, and not live. It's how you are dealing with it. I just want you to know, it's... O.K. This is where you are, and it's hard and awful but you know best what you need. Take care of yourself, lean on others and let your others lean on you. Take days to mourn, let it out, it's ok. I hope you're ok with my sending up prayers of hope for you. Take care.
    Ellen, Lizard, nennie and 2 others like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

This is a long tale .... and I have no knack for making it short but I'll try.

I have a loved one with a health condition and life situations who has requested extra, extra prayers.

She is a little "older" and works two jobs. The health concerns are affecting her ability to work and pay bills and she is filled with anxiety.

She is hoping for an outcome that levels things out ... but there is a lot of uncertainty.

She is not married, but has a couple of pets. Her adult daughter lives out of state and her adult son is close by but has similar health problems and a recent loss of employment limits his ability to help . Of course, this magnifies the stress for the whole family.

She specifically asked for extra special prayers. I will and I am just asking you all on her behalf ... to please send up some extra prayers for her.

If you are not the praying kind ,,, then good thoughts and wishes for strength on her behalf!

Thank you all.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

You got it, echo.
    Count your blessings!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I will be praying for your loved one, echo, her son, her daughter, and all those close to her.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

+ Reply to Thread