+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1684Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

Maybe just one text then when you are feeling anxious Johnny. Things will happen when you are not trying.

I hope you feel better. I have been anxious before. The only thing I could do was turn things over to God and trust I would be ok.
    You can do it!

I have thought about renting my spare bedroom. It would have to be to someone with no furniture of their own because I have no way to store my existing furniture and I refuse to sell it because they're heirloom pieces. It was one thing for my friend to live with me for 2 months but the idea of a stranger terrifies me...

♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫
    ~* stacerace76 *~
    ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AZChristian likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And it should.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

You know, maybe I shouldn't feel too comfortable posting here out in the open when I feel like I need to. I should probably just stick to PM with whoever wants to listen.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    You know, maybe I shouldn't feel too comfortable posting here out in the open when I feel like I need to. I should probably just stick to PM with whoever wants to listen.
    Do whatever you're most comfortable doing. Or write a post and then don't post it. Sometimes the act of writing releases anger or tension, or provides us with a new insight into our problem).

(I am constantly amazed at the outstanding advice given on this board, along with support, by obviously caring people.)
    cablejockey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace76 View Post
    I have thought about renting my spare bedroom. It would have to be to someone with no furniture of their own because I have no way to store my existing furniture and I refuse to sell it because they're heirloom pieces. It was one thing for my friend to live with me for 2 months but the idea of a stranger terrifies me...
    A friend of mine is renting out a room to a young woman.

She went through an organization that assists with home sharing ... and they vetted the young woman who moved in.

I was worried for my friend too ... the stranger danger thing ... but it turned out well so you might see if your town has a human services group that matches people that way.

Also ... I don't now your age, but perhaps someone who is a little older and/or retired, and can afford some rent ... and could perhaps help with the dog?

I do think your company/manager owes you another look at this situation.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Or find someone through your church?
    Count your blessings!

These are all good suggestions. Thanks you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Church can be just like putting an open ad in a newspaper. We are no longer living in the times of Mayberry R.F.D. We live in the times of a seriously shifting and transient population with a different set of values. Caution is the word.
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have to agree with prhoshay here. And to put a stranger in a room filled with your valuable heirloom furniture.... I see way too many things that could go horribly wrong in that situation.

JohnnyK - I feel very comfortable posting about my life on here. Everyone needs an outlet and sometimes you just have to get stuff off your chest. Talking about it on Facebook or even to someone other than close family members or even closer friends just opens you up to the gossip mill. Especially if you live in a small town like I do. It has helped me immensely to vent here and I have gotten so much valuable advice from other FORT'ers.
    just1paul, Cootie and stacerace76 like this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread