+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1557Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Talk about your troubles

Johnny - Step away from your TV!!!! (I know what you mean about AGT, though - I haven't watched at all this year. I won't watch until they ban kids and singers from competing.)

Get outside and get some sunshine. Go for a walk, run, or bike ride - get your heart pumping. Do a random act of kindness for someone. Make a list of all your grateful for.

When you find yourself thinking negative thoughts, STOP yourself. It's not easy, but you can train yourself to do it. There are lots of strategies - just google it. Try various suggestions to find a strategy that works for you.

JohnnyK, don't take it as a personal failure that you can't convince voters they're making a big mistake. Tons of people agree with you, they're just not shouldering it. What if you were to focus on just enjoying each act as a separate unit? Divide up your loyalty so that you aren't just focused on the outcome. Honestly, I'm not even sure that I'd want to win. Winners often go through tough times... family feuds over their newfound wealth... tremendous pressure from back-to-back performances... You can't take this to heart, buddy.

As for your relationships with friends and girls and such, it's okay to be honest and frank but stay respectful, because you don't want to burn any bridges or have any regrets. Ease out of the relationships that make you unhappy and keep your heart open so new ones can take their place.

I'm glad you wrote, and I hope you'll continue to.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Johnny - Step away from your TV!!!! (I know what you mean about AGT, though - I haven't watched at all this year. I won't watch until they ban kids and singers from competing.)

Get outside and get some sunshine. Go for a walk, run, or bike ride - get your heart pumping. Do a random act of kindness for someone. Make a list of all your grateful for.
    I go for walks almost every day now. Usually to the beach and back. Lately some of which I'm not enjoying as much, though.

Thanks for the replies.

JoknnyK I don't watch AGT at all ... but I feel that frustration with some other shows.

Also ... am I mis-remembering ... or did you say you were not feeling well, or was that in a dream?

Either way ... being ill, or sleeping poorly with bad dreams can make you feel "disgruntled" when awake.

I like Kips idea about doing a random act of kindness. Sometimes a smile or a kind word to someone can make their day ... and make yours better.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Also ... am I mis-remembering ... or did you say you were not feeling well, or was that in a dream?
    It was in a dream and it didn't bother me at all since I woke up that day.

JoknnyK I don't watch AGT at all ... but I feel that frustration with some other shows.
    The ignorance and simple-mindedness of the so called "public" bothers me. It's always the same thing and there's nothing to hope for on talent shows anymore. At least I can root for others that aren't white adult men. AGT was one of my all-time favorite shows but I've had to give up on it now.

Ugg! I broke my toe! Holy *blank* it hurts!

However the doctor I went to was super cute, my age and wasn't wearing a ring!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Ugg! I broke my toe! Holy *blank* it hurts!

However the doctor I went to was super cute, my age and wasn't wearing a ring!
    Ouch!
    And yay!
    When is your follow-up appointment?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

In 4 weeks. I also made him laugh. He said it was a great way to end the day!

(He told me that Oprah has 6 toes and I asked him if he read that in 'Feet Magazine')

I also have unusual feet - only 30% of people have feet like mine!
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    In 4 weeks. I also made him laugh. He said it was a great way to end the day!

(He told me that Oprah has 6 toes and I asked him if he read that in 'Feet Magazine')

I also have unusual feet - only 30% of people have feet like mine!
    Maybe he could write a paper on you ... I mean about you ... your feet!
    Cootie likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Wow! I would't mind that all!

Did I tell you how close we were going over my x-rays?
    Ellen, Kip and Cootie like this.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread