+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1967Likes

Thread: Talk about your troubles

Re: Talk about your troubles

I appreciate your kind words, thoughts and prayers. The funeral is tomorrow and I have to prepare myself for it.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Debb, my condolences on the loss of your uncle. May your fond memories of him provide you with comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by pwettybird View Post
    Thank you both. It may not make alot of sense to us why God decided to take her so soon, but now she's an angel for her family. I am very thankful that I was able to talk to one of her son's at least and let him know how truly special his mom really was but I know he knew because he even told me that my whole grocery store was in awe of her and really cared about her.
    It was nice of you to tell her family how you felt about their Mom. Even though they knew she was special it is always nice to hear from someone else.

Debb70 I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers for you and your family. I hope the fond memories will help you get through the sad times.

Debb70 & Pwettybird, my thoughts are with both of you who have lost someone dear recently. Hopefully you will have an opportunity to celebrate those lives with others who knew them. At my mom's funeral so many people shared precious stories with me and I still remember how special it was to learn new things about my mom's life.

Thank you to all for your kind words.

I looked at his online guest book and there are some wonderful things written about him for the family. He has a wife, 4 adult children and many grandkids. I know it must bring them comfort.

My heartfelt thoughts and prayers to those in need.

My next 2 surgeries are in the works. Sept 26th is the first and 2nd is 6 weeks later. Also, they discovered a weird in my lung and stones and blood in my kidneys. Hopefully they are glitches and nothing serious. I have quit smoking as of 7/17/13, so that is a positive. I ask for positive thoughts and prayers. I believe in "it is what it is", so hoping for the best!!
    Cootie and Photobabe like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

*hugs* Debb70.

famita, I'm praying for continuing strength for you. Congratulations on quitting smoking, that is an amazing feat that you can certainly use to bolster you during the coming weeks and months! My best wishes for successful surgeries and quick recoveries.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

Quote Originally Posted by famita View Post

My next 2 surgeries are in the works. Sept 26th is the first and 2nd is 6 weeks later. Also, they discovered a weird in my lung and stones and blood in my kidneys. Hopefully they are glitches and nothing serious. I have quit smoking as of 7/17/13, so that is a positive. I ask for positive thoughts and prayers. I believe in "it is what it is", so hoping for the best!!
    I am sending you positive thoughts and prayers, Famita. Facing surgery is a worrisome thing and once its over you will feel so much better!

Famita, I'm so sorry to hear of your health problems. I hope you feel better and that they are able to take care of the problems. Hang in there. Congratulations on stopping smoking. I know that can be so difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by famita View Post

famita; ... good luck with your surgeries. I don't know what the reason is but prayers anyway!

You said you have quit smoking as of 7/17/13 ... and I just want to add a word of encouragement about that.

August 24th will mark ONE YEAR smoke free for me. I never in a million years thought I could do it but the thought of it helping me to heal really helped a lot.

Just think about all the arteries opening up and blood traveling to the right places ... like your heart and your brain and any where blood flow is especially needed to help your healing. Maybe we should set up a separate thread for quit smoking support.

It is almost a month for you and that is fantastic. Don't give into the urges. A patch might help and my doctor suggested getting nicotine gum and chewing a piece to chase away the urge ... but I decided against it.

I wanted to heal (from a fractured femur) and I wanted to enjoy things without a cigarette.

Best of luck!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread